Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Support index finger going to front of Glock trigger guard

An Additional Observation

Wrapping your support index finger around the trigger guard interferes with quickly applying to and returning your trigger finger from the trigger.

I used to shoot "finger forward" as we called it back then. In fact I cracked the USPSA top 20
    in 1998 as a GM using that technique and a Para in 45acp. Neither of which (finger or 45) I would recommend today.
    BUT if you are going to....us that damn digit!

Notice that the 2nd knuckle of the index finger is at the front of the trigger guard?
    Unless you have big ass hands, "just the tip" ain't as effective as the full monty.
    Last edited by P.E. Kelley; 10-22-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    I shoot with my support index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Somewhere about ten years or so ago my two hand grip morphed to this during a week long training. It just kinda happened and I liked the results and just drove on. I really like this grip for long range shooting. Also I guess I've had too many wrist injuries to the support hand and it is painful for my wrist to turn down and place the support index finger under the trigger guard. For me it just works better with my thumbs pointed at the target, both wrist and hands aligned, the support bugger hook, hooked on the trigger guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List