Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post

This was the last bike I owned broke both my arms practicing for a 24 hour race

Perry Mountain ??? I rode a Mid South XC race there back in 2000 on a KX250.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Perry Mountain ??? I rode a Mid South XC race there back in 2000 on a KX250.
    Yep!
    i used to wannabe

Malamute, the owner, on the left in the orange shirt, built the machine but had never raced it himself. He heard the request for a volunteer bike and after talking with the director and my daughter and letting her try the machine, agreed for the run. It took almost all day for the novice requirements to be satisfied. She only clocked 99.xxx mph on one run. That put her in the record book for the class and fuel used.
    That was the start and finish of her bike experience.

Must have been quite a fun experience for her.

Im guessing in whatever class it may require, the bike is capable of super-scary level speeds.

I think theres an elevation penalty at the Flats right off the bat isn't there? Not as much air to breathe as sea level.

Breathing life back into this thread for a renewed spring.

Just picked up this 2002 Suzuki Savage with only 5100 miles on it.
    A one lunger. Showroom fresh except for the bad 80's stripes the previous owner put on the tank.

A heat gun and some compound and wax removed any trace of them.

Runs and rides beautiful!
    It's been 20+ years since I rode, so I'm starting slow, and blowing off the cobwebs.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Breathing life back into this thread for a renewed spring.

Just picked up this 2002 Suzuki Savage with only 5100 miles on it.
    A one lunger. Showroom fresh except for the bad 80's stripes the previous owner put on the tank.

A heat gun and some compound and wax removed any trace of them.

Runs and rides beautiful!
    It's been 20+ years since I rode, so I'm starting slow, and blowing off the cobwebs.
    I've been wanting one of these plus a Ryca kit fir a few years now.

http://www.rycamotors.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a couple of pics of my 04 GSXR600 going back to the track (NJMP Thunderbolt) again in a couple of weeks. Name:  IMG_0180.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  80.7 KB Name:  IMG_0181.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  46.5 KB
    This is my Gas Gas GT250 trials bike which I used to ride in local NETA competition and the NATC national support class in the northeast. Name:  IMG_0372.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  42.2 KB.
    I also have a 2006 Husqvarna SM510R supermoto, 78 Yamaha RD400, and a Honda XR80 more pics to come.
    Last edited by GOTURBACK; 04-30-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    78 Yamaha RD400
    I finally have my grandma's old bike, RD350, to start working over. Should have it in a few weekends at my house. It's been a long saga to obtain it as it was in a family member's house and became a divorce issue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

That's excellent What year is it? Will you be planning on any modifications? Expansion chambers? I have quite a bit of experience with the mechanical repairs and tuning of Yamaha 2T twins if you need any advice or info I would be glad to help you out. There are some really good companies providing parts and restoration services now if you need any suggestions just let me know. Some say I bleed blue! Motorcycle racing is my passion
    Name:  IMG_1620.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  47.5 KB Name:  IMG_0179.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  59.9 KB Name:  IMG_0574.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  80.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    That's excellent What year is it? Will you be planning on any modifications? Expansion chambers?
    76 I believe. My dad bought DG's in the late 80's for it so I'll at least do that. My plan was to half cafe it without making it look stupid and then go from there. Flat bars, not clip-ons, etc. Since it's a two stroke I'd guess that it'll be easy to get going from a full strip so I'm likely to grab all new innards and tear down on the bench and get it going, ride a little this year, and work on paint over winter.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List