Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle pictures

I had done a Muzzy 2-1 complete exhaust, which sounded great. The factory one had a catalytic hidden in it- heavy as all get out.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Me, at three years old, on my dad's relatively new '74 CB750...

My youngest son, several years ago, on my ST4S...

And my oldest on my Road King...

And a few ore of the kids over the years (they're now 20 and 17)...my youngest liked to ride alot more than his brother did.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Me, at three years old, on my dad's relatively new '74 CB750...

My youngest son, several years ago, on my ST4S...

And my oldest on my Road King...

And a few ore of the kids over the years (they're now 20 and 17)...my youngest liked to ride alot more than his brother did.

Most excellent post!!!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Attachment 96912
    At Norton rally a few years ago.

Attachment 96913
    Northern Kentucky back road.

Attachment 96915
    Back in my club racing days

Attachment 96916
    Camping trip with a friend at the New River Gorge
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

I lusted after these when they came out in 2000. Went to my hometown Honda dealer and shot the bull a lot that year. I remember the salesman named Kevin Dunn would chat with me.

In 2001, a week after I got a real job, I went back home and bought an RC51 from Kevin. I think I got $200 off MSRP and it was something like $11,700 out the door. It started raining as I rode out and I stalled it leaving the parking lot. First gear was pretty tall compared to my previous CB-1 (400cc). Ooops. Rode 12,000 miles the first year I owned it and it was mostly fun riding, not commuting.

At the time I was driving a 1973 Super Beetle and all my stuff could fit into that car. I slept on an air mattress. I had no real furniture. Not even a chair in my apartment. Every night I rolled this thing into my living room since I lived in the cheapest apartments I could find. I did oil changes in there as well. Land lord was not amused but I think she liked me because I paid the rent on-time.

Yes, she was a heavy pig, relatively speaking. The pictured Jardine 2-1 exhaust made a big weight difference, something like 20 lbs lighter than the stock 2-1-2 pipes. Other than some internal fork work/front ride height (to make sag, long story but Honda set these up with too much sag), it was stock.

Then I touched the kick stand in T3 at Willow Springs and went off. And thats when my club racing began!

Nowadays I have no motorcycles. Stupidly sold a street bike YZFR6 in 2012 or so and the wife was like, that was the last bike you are ever going to own! D'oh. Hopefully she softens... a KTM RC 390 can barely break a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Rode 12,000 miles the first year I owned it and it was mostly fun riding, not commuting.

At the time I was driving a 1973 Super Beetle and all my stuff could fit into that car. I slept on an air mattress. I had no real furniture. Not even a chair in my apartment. Every night I rolled this thing into my living room since I lived in the cheapest apartments I could find. I did oil changes in there as well. Land lord was not amused but I think she liked me because I paid the rent
    We can hang out...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Switched to dirt in 2020 by trading in my Aprilia Tuono for a Husky FE350. Too many people on the mountain roads I liked to ride at a *spirited* pace, and I knew I wouldn't be able to make enough trackdays to keep my skills where I wanted them, so knobbies and a single cylinder it was.

I thought I'd be pretty good right from the get go given I was a solid B Group trackday rider and am quite handy on a mountain bike, but it was not to be. Finally getting some speed and flow now after sticking through some frustration.

Some photos from Taylor Park, CO with a riding buddy:

The home trails, Rampart Range:

Took the Vulcan off the road November 2nd, and winterized it, only to have 70° weather follow.
    Before I put it back on the road in the spring, plan on doing some cosmetic upgrades, a valve adjustment and possibly a new seat.
    While at times I lust after an Indian or Harley, this bike is really all I need.
    Just turned 18k this summer.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Switched to dirt in 2020 by trading in my Aprilia Tuono for a Husky FE350. Too many people on the mountain roads I liked to ride at a *spirited* pace, and I knew I wouldn't be able to make enough trackdays to keep my skills where I wanted them, so knobbies and a single cylinder it was.

I thought I'd be pretty good right from the get go given I was a solid B Group trackday rider and am quite handy on a mountain bike, but it was not to be. Finally getting some speed and flow now after sticking through some frustration.

The home trails, Rampart Range:
    I liked Rampart when I lived in Colorado. It can get a little crazy on the weekends but it is a good time if you get away from the main areas.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List