Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle pictures

Site Supporter
    Holding off Liter bikes on a 690 Duke at Barber...

Riding Barber on my Ninja 1K sport-touring bike...

Then riding it to Daytona...

And the Blue Ridge Parkway...

Fort Gaines/Dauphin Island...

Battleship Park, Mobile Bay...

And back to Talladega GP Raceway (Lil' Tally)...

With some moto-gymkhana thrown somewhere in between...

Last edited by kwb377; 06-30-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    900 Vulc? I had one of those. Fun little cruiser. Needed a taller top gear and an aftermarket rear shock. Beyond that, serious vintage-flavored fun, with no hassle.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    This was a few years ago (is that what you call the early 80's?). '47 Harley, which I rebuilt a couple times. I put S&S 80" flywheels in it, S&S Super carb, S grind Andrews cam, close ratio Andrews gears in the trans, and ran a primary belt drive for a while. It was ported, balanced and otherwise slicked up, but still was handicapped compared to the later Shovelhead motors. Still was a blast to ride. Rode it cross country several times, and went pretty much everywhere it was possible to go, and some places that those faint of heart claimed "road" bikes weren't supposed to go. My longest day with the hardtail frame was 1000 miles of a 1400 mile trip. It lived in a Panhead swingarm frame most of the time I had it, and I ran it as a hand shift a year or two. Foot shift is the way to go. I spent a good part of a couple years roaming around, being semi-nomadic, living off the bike for a while. I shot the deer with my 4" 29. I was still in my sleeping bag when I saw it and made the shot.
    It appears that my picture that was in this post has disappeared. I see nothing in the original post. I suspect it was a victim of the Great Photobucket Massacre of several years ago.

Here it is again for general amusement. Loaded here, it should stay put this time. Evidence of my misspent youth.

Name:  modifiedimage.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  63.7 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    900 Vulc? I had one of those. Fun little cruiser. Needed a taller top gear and an aftermarket rear shock. Beyond that, serious vintage-flavored fun, with no hassle.
    Indeed. 2006.
    The previous owner wanted a bigger bike, but could not afford one, so he had a bit of engine work. Bored to almost 980cc.
    Definitely needs a taller top gear, 70+ gets a bit buzzy. No issues with the suspension so far, mileage at just over 17k.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Definitely needs a taller top gear, 70+ gets a bit buzzy. No issues with the suspension so far, mileage at just over 17k.
    I initially lowered the gearing on my FZ-1, thinking like the dumb kid I think I still am (in real life, I am 62...). Then one day I realized this was just causing me to shift between corners when I really wouldn't need to, so I raised the gearing, and am glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    MXA finds every bike they ever test to be improved by going up one or two teeth on the rear sprocket. I'd sure like to have access to their mountain of barely used, worthless factory rear sprockets...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I initially lowered the gearing on my FZ-1, thinking like the dumb kid I think I still am (in real life, I am 62...). Then one day I realized this was just causing me to shift between corners when I really wouldn't need to, so I raised the gearing, and am glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I barely ever get beyond 65mph, so it is really a non issue.

I'm very impressed with the Vulcan and would buy another Kawasaki cruiser.
    I'd go 1200.... 1500 might be just too much.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm getting nervous about future parts availability with my '06 TE610. Thinking about moving it on and picking up an FE501, which I would easily plate here in TX.
    I don't have any seat time in the FE501 but it looks much more off-road to me than the 610, which I did take on a test ride a while back. Liked it a lot, but, I don't get off road much here and it too light for the blowy Texas highways. I would have bought it if I lived in Colorado...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I barely ever get beyond 65mph, so it is really a non issue.

I'm very impressed with the Vulcan and would buy another Kawasaki cruiser.
    I'd go 1200.... 1500 might be just too much.
    I had a Mean Streak 1500, which is basically a gussied up Vulcan. The power was good- torquey and strong tip in pull, but a touch slow reving. It really liked removing the factory exhaust and replacing with a quality 2-1. It also would have been well served by a 6th gear. Existing gears were well spaced and I wouldn’t want to do the equivalent of smaller rear sprockets as first was perfect.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Indeed, exhaust has really helped this bike.
    I went with the Barron's "hack and slash kit. Remove the factory mufflers and install theirs.
    Breathes better, better mileage and does not sound like a commercial mower anymore.

User Tag List