Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle pictures

76 was a good year it should have a disc front brake then, ignition timing is critical, make sure autolube injector pump is putting out the proper amount, check for air leaks in the intake tract. Post a pic when you get it home.

Pretty sure it's disc. I'll spam away with it as I've been waiting 5 years to get it home.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Let's see if we can bring this one back from the dead:

A 2018 Tuono has replaced the '12 Street Triple R from my earlier posts in this thread. I wanted something with more power after moving to CO. 10k mountain passes really sap the power from a motor.

At work with a friend's Panigale V4. I've ridden the Duc a few times, it's an amazing bike that I would never spend my own money on. The heat it spits off onto the rider is atrocious.

Scored this 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 this spring for 2 grand!
    Only 15,000 miles.

Name:  aviary-image-1559472928859.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  _DSC0003.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  101.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Ive been out of riding since the late 80s. My primary interests were older harleys, my favorite being the 1947 Knucklehead I built from parts into a road bike and rode all over Az and back and forth across the country many times. No real interest in bikes in ages,.....until going in a friends shop to say Hi and BS a bit. he had a nice 1949 Panhead custom that caught my eye and sparked my interest. I quickly realized it was way out of my possible budget, not to mention the extra $2500 or so it would cost to add electric start to one that old, as with my health problems, i wasnt able to kick start one of these. But, the spark had started. He mentioned a somewhat rough 84 H-D Low Rider he had that he may be able to get me into if I was interested. I overcame my objection to such a new bike, and was finally able to get it worked out. I also figured id need a sidecar, I am somewhat concerned about my hip, back or shoulder spazzing when I stopped and falling over. A sidecar also allows the dog to go riding and adventuring. I cant ride very long at this point, but seem to be gaining on it a bit.

Name:  sunny day.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  80.0 KB

I later located a used DMC brand sidecar, I dont have all the hardware to attach it yet, hopefully this summer I can get it completed. The sidecar gives quite a lot of room to carry tons of junk when out, or make short shopping trips for groceries or whatever. I had a receiver hitch added to the back of the sidecar frame, it already had one in the front. It will allow an ATV winch to be used, or tow a small motorcycle camp or cargo trailer.

Name:  DMC Bud 1 - Copy.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  69.5 KB

In studying about sidecars, I quickly learned that sidecars and dogs seemed like a match made in heaven. I was repeatedly referred to the advrider forum to learn about sidecars, and found a 140-some page thread on pictures of dogs and sidecars.

Random happy adventure dog picture from the net

Name:  dog in sidecar 3.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  83.5 KB

I cant get out and hike now like I used to, and have been wanting something i can do outside with the dog. Riding and exploring dirt roads in Az and other places sounds like a good way to be outside and doing fun stuff that the dog can also do.

Hoping to get to do some of this before long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov170xSx0L4
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-23-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Random happy adventure dog picture from the net

Name:  dog in sidecar 3.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  83.5 KB

The sidecar needs a machine gun ... for the dog.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Made some progress on the sidecar project a few weeks ago. Still havent convinced the dog yet on it being the coolest dog hauler ever.

Name:  IMG_0269.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  101.1 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Made some progress on the sidecar project a few weeks ago. Still havent convinced the dog yet on it being the coolest dog hauler ever.

Name:  IMG_0269.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  101.1 KB
    Obviously, there's no more leaning on corners..... I've always been curious about what it's like to steer with a sidecar.

Looks awesome, by the way.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Obviously, there's no more leaning on corners..... I've always been curious about what it's like to steer with a sidecar.

Looks awesome, by the way.
    Here's a good story about it.

https://www.cycleworld.com/ural-side...eles-non-stop/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks.

Yes, you steer it, and lean your body weight into the corners some. Braking tends to pull left somewhat, power tends to pull right somewhat. If you have a brake on the car it negates the braking pull to the left somewhat. Im just getting started getting used to it but its been fun. It needs a little fine tuning on adjustments, but its rideable and no major issues so far.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List