Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warren Tactical Glock Front Sight Height

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Could you clarify a 12:00 hold? You mean the intent was you hold at the 12:00 of a bullseye for it to hit center x bullseye (under/behind your front sight)? Why would such a sight exist?
    Sorry.. I meant dead center bullseye. Too many numbers running through my head when I wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by NGCSUGrad09 View Post
    Sorry.. I meant dead center bullseye. Too many numbers running through my head when I wrote that.
    Do you also find that the .245 fronts provide POA/POI (i.e. center bullsye) inward of 25yds as well (15, 10, 5yds, etc.)?

I know JHC said this proved to be true in his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CQC.45 View Post
    Do you also find that the .245 fronts provide POA/POI (i.e. center bullsye) inward of 25yds as well (15, 10, 5yds, etc.)?

I know JHC said this proved to be true in his experience.
    That has been my experience. For what it is worth, when I shoot a dot drill I do not hold anywhere but the center of the dot. Provided I do my part (loose nut behind the trigger and all) I will get rounds within the dot.

New member joining in on glock sights

Clearing up sight picture ..... point of aim ..... point of impact ........ PLEASE

bulls eye shooting (.22) I use standard iron sights front and rear ....... setting the "pumpkin on the fence post"

Every thing else ....... IDPA ....... bowling pins ....... steels, I use plain rear and fiber-optic front. I hold the top of the front sight level with the top of the rear sight, and put the "dot" where I want the bullet to hit.

Problem is, I'm not sure what to call that ....... which leads to the question of how to choose a front sight height.

THE PROBLEM >> I have Warren Tactical rear sight on my Glock gen 4 model 17. I put HiViz FO on the front ....I think the tallest they make. I now have to bury the "dot" on the bottom inside of the rear notch to hit the POI I want.

Comments please on my set-up and thinking. As a side note ........ last night I won minor calaber in a pin match with my 17 and second in major with a traditional 3 white dot set ........ putting the dot itself on POI.

User Tag List