Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gear Review: MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X Neckband hearing protectors

Just published a separate full-length Pro-Tips guide for the MSA Sordin Supreme series ear-pro. PPGMD is properly credited for his contribution, let me know if I missed anyone else.

http://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress....ng-protectors/
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by R.M.T. View Post
    Um 7 3/4 here, I am wearing over heads with all different kinds of hats an I don't have any problems, it's super subjective with where your ears are located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Truly a case of YMMV. But I have to say SRS Tactical has a great return policy.

Well after almost 5 years of use, I am getting static in the right ear cup.

I tried to call SRS today, but they weren't answering, I am going to try again today.

I need to get this shipped back to them since the electronic warranty is only 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Well after almost 5 years of use, I am getting static in the right ear cup.

I tried to call SRS today, but they weren't answering, I am going to try again today.

I need to get this shipped back to them since the electronic warranty is only 5 years.
    Please post updates, I'll be interested to hear how this goes.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I talked to SRS today, and they confirmed that I am under warranty. And to just send it in with a note describing what is wrong.

I had static issues and batteries dying really quickly with mine last fall. I called Steve at SRS and he asked me if I was changing both batteries. Hmm says I. Look at that, no, I wasn't. Replaced both, good as new. It's almost impossible to tell, when looking in the muffs that there are two batteries in there. Of course one must ignore the pictogram on the outside too.... Of course a certain PD I know didn't have 5 pair in their garbage box for the same reason

I found that while wearing a hat, I couldn't get a good seal, especially if the hat had that stupid button on the top. I trimmed my Sordins so that they could expand more, there is lots of material you can remove to do it. Having run the strap version I'm actually happier with my modified ones.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I didn't mind wearing none electronic ear muffs when shooting in IN. But here in SWFL I cant deal with the sweat and have to use plugs.

OP no one in the 70` and early 80`s that I know of wore protection. Like you I've been to a lot of hard rock concerts! 1986 Slayer at the Ritz was the loudest because the place was small.
    That and using a skill saw did a number on my ears. Though I don't have to blast the TV like my Father who worked with power tools all his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I had static issues and batteries dying really quickly with mine last fall. I called Steve at SRS and he asked me if I was changing both batteries. Hmm says I. Look at that, no, I wasn't. Replaced both, good as new. It's almost impossible to tell, when looking in the muffs that there are two batteries in there. Of course one must ignore the pictogram on the outside too.... Of course a certain PD I know didn't have 5 pair in their garbage box for the same reason
    Definitely not a battery issue in my case. I always change both, and they last about a year with my usage. In fact I just changed them last week and the issue continued, in fact it got worse. While shooting the Falling Plate Event the right ear muff totally died no sound whatsoever. I have them packaged up and will be dropping them off at the post office today.

Thanks to all for this thread and the information, research and write-ups shared/referenced.
    I was getting ready to purchase a set of Peltor tacticals.
    However, the information in this thread makes picking the MSA's a no-brainer.

tp

Well they said it was the cable, and that it would cost $137 to fix.

User Tag List