Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Hell

Holy Hell

Running 3 miles this morning after not running for 4 months was both a good and bad idea.

I prefer a ruck to a run.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Keep at it, and a 5K will become a short run. I like to be ready to bust out 10 miles at a moment's notice.

However, I don't recommend suddenly adding eleven miles to your longest run ever. That was not fun.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

When I used to workout, I found fartleks way more tolerable(and beneficial) than just running. That shit is boring.....

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Keep at it, and a 5K will become a short run. I like to be ready to bust out 10 miles at a moment's notice.

However, I don't recommend suddenly adding eleven miles to your longest run ever. That was not fun.
    That's what's bad. In 2008 I ran a 1/2 marathon in 1:47. Not the greatest time ever, but I thought it was decent. I just quit running all together and just focused on lifting, which was a horrible, stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    I prefer a ruck to a run.
    How much weight are you using, how fast a pace and how far are you going? Seems like it would really pound your body.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    How much weight are you using, how fast a pace and how far are you going? Seems like it would really pound your body.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I "think" he might be talking about Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rverdi View Post
    I "think" he might be talking about Rugby.
    Nope- rucksack. 60 pounds or so. Going early tomorrow AM for a 10 miler. Doing it for general conditioning, and will be wearing good shoes / etc.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.

When I used to workout, I found fartleks way more tolerable(and beneficial) than just running. That shit is boring.....
    Just Wiki'd fartlek. Looks like fun.

-C
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    Just Wiki'd fartlek. Looks like fun.

-C
    That's pretty funny, they mention where I learned to "love" fartleks. When I went through USMC OCS I think we just called it Da Nang hill, though. I didn't know it was as varied as that article described. I've always done it as running intervals from 1/4-3/4 of a mile then doing some sort of exercise.

I found Crossfit way better than running too. There's a certain amount of satisfaction that comes with Fight Gone Bad. That's all out the window though.....even with lidocaine patches and TENS units(my newest EDC item!) all I can do is speedwalk now.

User Tag List