Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear Review: Volund Gearworks ATLAS Belts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    AIWB: Volund
    IWB/OWB: Ares
    Is the volund stiff enough and comfortable enough for a G19 in a JMCK AIWB and a reload. Everyday all day wear? I've got an Elite Survival Systems Shooters belt now and I'm finding I need something stiffer now after 6 months of EDC with it. Before that belt all my other belts were leather but I like the cobra buckle so I want to stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is the volund stiff enough and comfortable enough for a G19 in a JMCK AIWB and a reload. Everyday all day wear? I've got an Elite Survival Systems Shooters belt now and I'm finding I need something stiffer now after 6 months of EDC with it. Before that belt all my other belts were leather but I like the cobra buckle so I want to stick with that.
    The inner belt shown in my review is my EDC belt with an HK P30 in a JMCK AIWB at 12:30 and complementary IWB mag pouch at 11:00. It's a 1.5-inch to fit through the loops on all of my clothes (especially shorts) and is still vertically stiff yet comfortable after several months of break-in.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    I've owned an Ares Ranger, I now have two Volund Cobra belts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    More than. Carry a G17 in a JMCK AIWB, reload and small fixed blade on mine daily.

Ordered a 1.5" Atlas Cobra. Eager to see how much of an improvement it is over my current belt!

I got my first Volund and am about to drop an order for another. I find myself using this belt for EDC than using my leather one from TheBeltman.net. The only negatives that I have against this belt are 1) If you gotta go really bad, it'll take you a second or two to "unbuckle" the belt. Depending on how much chili you had, that could be "messy". The next one is that with my leather, I can get my compatc-minotuar on and off the belt with out having to remove and re-thread it. That ain't gonna happen with the Volund. If I want to remove the holster for what ever reason I have to un-thread and then re-thread the belt. To me that is just a minor annoyance. Other than that, there isn't a thing I don't like about this belt. It's nice and stiff and can easily support the weight of my PPQ and 2 spare magazines with out any flex. However it's not so stiff as to be uncomfortable. It lays flat, is easily adjustable, and is rock hard solid.

Regarding the occasional need for rapidly disrobing due to an urgent biological function... Over Memorial Day weekend, we had a temporary steel-and-targets range set up on private land where we were staying. The nearest restroom facilities were ~7 minutes drive away. I was wearing my inner (G-hook) and outer (Cobra) Volund Atlas belts, fully rigged, when a previous meal decided it was time to move through the system like an express train. I had no trouble divesting myself of my heavily laden outer belt one-handed as I walked (with urgency, entrenching tool in hand) over a ridgeline and behind a convenient tree. I was also able to loosen the inner belt in time.

I don't even unhook the G-hook, but instead untab the velcro end and loosen the strap with the G-hook still fastened. This allows me to loosen the belt by quite a bit without disconnecting it, facilitating access to fasteners on my clothing. This is also nice for concealed carry situations in actual restrooms, of course.

TMI? Maybe, but this is the stuff you have to deal with in real life.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    ...I don't even unhook the G-hook, but instead untab the velcro end and loosen the strap with the G-hook still fastened. This allows me to loosen the belt by quite a bit without disconnecting it, facilitating access to fasteners on my clothing. This is also nice for concealed carry situations in actual restrooms, of course...
    Once you get used to it, any other arrangement seems to be a step backward. The Volund (G-hook) Atlas sets the standard, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Regarding the occasional need for rapidly disrobing due to an urgent biological function... Over Memorial Day weekend, we had a temporary steel-and-targets range set up on private land where we were staying. The nearest restroom facilities were ~7 minutes drive away. I was wearing my inner (G-hook) and outer (Cobra) Volund Atlas belts, fully rigged, when a previous meal decided it was time to move through the system like an express train. I had no trouble divesting myself of my heavily laden outer belt one-handed as I walked (with urgency, entrenching tool in hand) over a ridgeline and behind a convenient tree. I was also able to loosen the inner belt in time.

I don't even unhook the G-hook, but instead untab the velcro end and loosen the strap with the G-hook still fastened. This allows me to loosen the belt by quite a bit without disconnecting it, facilitating access to fasteners on my clothing. This is also nice for concealed carry situations in actual restrooms, of course.

TMI? Maybe, but this is the stuff you have to deal with in real life.

Wow. I hope everything came out ok.

Trevor...that's the way I've been doing it since day 1. Little advice on it though, the velcro will wear out faster and puff out. Not really an issue trim it down and continue until velcro side needs to be replaced.

Hands down best belt I've used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List