Thread: Airline transport of pistol: combination lock box?

Airline transport of pistol: combination lock box?

Does anyone know if I can use my V-Line Top Draw with a Simplex combination lock to transport two pistols by airline? The box will be inside a suitcase that is locked externally with a TSA lock.

I’m asking because most posts about transporting by air refer to using a locked box with a key, I haven’t noticed any one using a combination lock. Is there any reason why a key lock would is preferable?

You can use it, you are the only one who can/should have access to the locked container. I use a gun vault with the biometric finger access but it still has a barrel lock key to access it too. Two weeks ago I got called back to he desk by TSA to inspect the contents and they asked for the key or to give them the code to get into it. I advised only my finger print can get in or the barrel lock key. So they brought it out to me and I opened it for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I might be in the minority, but I use a small Pelican case and lock it with TSA locks. At some airports it saves me a trip to a sally port or other delay.

Thanks guys. I have an upcoming trip soon and don't have much time to procure another case, so I was hoping my Vline would be acceptable.

User Tag List