Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo on your fighting rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt ever painting something with spray paint:
    Well done!
    #RESIST

If you're worried about messing everything up, I recommend 'plasti-dip' as your first foray. I decided to 'dip' the stock on my bolt gun and it turned out decent to look at, and easy to peel when you're feeling tired of it. It also has a super grippy rubbery texture which improves the handling of the gun in my book.

Not my "fighting rifle", but I rattle canned a cheap Mossberg ATR in 30-06 just to see if I could.
    I think it came out okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Crappy LED lighting but here’s mine. Not good enough to brag about but not bad enough to redo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    If you're worried about messing everything up, I recommend 'plasti-dip' as your first foray. I decided to 'dip' the stock on my bolt gun and it turned out decent to look at, and easy to peel when you're feeling tired of it. It also has a super grippy rubbery texture which improves the handling of the gun in my book.
    That may work fine on a stock, but I wouldn't use Plastidip close to anything that gets hot. It will melt and turn into a gooey mess. It also doesn't withstand chemicals very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Does that sling setup work? Seems like the mounting points are awfully close to each other?
    Last edited by That Guy; 02-07-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Does that sling setup work? Seems like the mounting points are awfully close to each other?
    Not my rifle, though I have contemplated the color scheme.

Rebarreled an old upper with a barrel Cory sent me (thanks Cory!) to celebrate Gorundhog's Day with. Magpul Slimline handguard and Magpul grip were primed with Rustoleum Caribbean Sand (it has sand mixed in the paint) then finished with two or three shades of Rustoleum Stone Texture spray paint. The result is a textured surface really gives a good grip.

Handguard

Closer look at the handguard. The texture is nice and grippy.

Before applying paint to the grip, I used a Dremel to round off the angles a bit and blend it the lower. The differences are subtle, but noticeably more comfortable

I hope to get this AR to the range today to get it sighted in and see what kind of precision I can expect.

I've blended and painted a couple of BCM grips in the same fashion and have been pleased with the results.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List