Page 99 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I'm looking for a AIWB holster for a Beretta 92FS, and really don't want to wait two or three months to get one if I don't have to. Any recommendations?

If I have to wait, I'm probably going with a Shaggy or JM. Any preference, for those using larger/heavier pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I'm looking for a AIWB holster for a Beretta 92FS, and really don't want to wait two or three months to get one if I don't have to. Any recommendations?

If I have to wait, I'm probably going with a Shaggy or JM. Any preference, for those using larger/heavier pistols?
    I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have yet to try the Shaggy, but I LOVE all my JM holsters. They're worth the wait.

Agree with this. I too tried the "quick and dirty" route. Trying to find a readily available holster. BLUF: holster makers without a wait period don't have a wait period for a reason. Guys like Tony, Rich etc have a wait period b/c of their quality.

However, if I were you I would troll around here, m4carbine and ar15. You'd be surprised how short of a time it will take to see some of the top quality holsters for sale on the second hand market. Especially for the more common platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    Agree with this. I too tried the "quick and dirty" route. Trying to find a readily available holster. BLUF: holster makers without a wait period don't have a wait period for a reason. Guys like Tony, Rich etc have a wait period b/c of their quality.

However, if I were you I would troll around here, m4carbine and ar15. You'd be surprised how short of a time it will take to see some of the top quality holsters for sale on the second hand market. Especially for the more common platforms.
    Very true on both accounts....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post

Not cheap but top quality and normally 7+ days delivery....Garrett Industries. I love their Silent Thunder aiwb holsters....

http://www.giholsters.com/
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Took advantage of the sale at CCC and ordered two Shaggy's - one for a Glock and one for a Beretta 92FS. Gonna give AIWB one last try.

I bought the Raven lego holster thing.

Not a whole lot of info on the internets about the holster after the initial SHOT Show buzz. However, a couple of people here noted that the clips were either too high or too low, with no in-between. Perhaps I should have read their posts before ordering, but oh well. Here are a couple of comparison pictures that'll hopefully illustrate the ride height. This is with the high-ride setup, as I think the low-ride may be too low for me. Unfortunately, I only have the one Glock at the moment so I can't do side-by-side comparisons.

Eidolon:

JMCK AIWB (adjustable ride -- set to low ride):

RCS Vanguard 2 (soft loop at the highest hole on the strut):

Initial observations:
    - Seems comfortable
    - The combination of the claw and the tuck pad works extremely well for pushing the gun inboard
    - Clips are very stable
    - Draw is very fast (high ride)
    - Concealment is workable so far in a tight-ish t-shirt. Not perfect (some printing depending on the movements), but this shirt is probably the worst possible thing I could wear to conceal a gun with
    - Installing the strut that goes over the slide of the gun is a pain in the ass
    - Some assembly required

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Not a whole lot of info on the internets about the holster after the initial SHOT Show buzz. However, a couple of people here noted that the clips were either too high or too low, with no in-between. Perhaps I should have read their posts before ordering, but oh well.
    Get the soft-loop struts and you'll be a happy camper. On an imaginary 1-10 scale, the clips force you to choose a ride height of either 3 or 7. The soft loop struts let you choose any value 1-10.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Get the soft-loop struts and you'll be a happy camper. On an imaginary 1-10 scale, the clips force you to choose a ride height of either 3 or 7. The soft loop struts let you choose any value 1-10.
    I'm not so sure I need it. Ride height is very similar to the JMCK I've been wearing. I dunno -- I'll give it some time, and if I need to spend the $20 on the soft loops, I'll do that.

Wore it out to dinner tonight in a well-fitting t-shirt. Comfort was good for the two hours I was sitting at the table. Ditto for driving.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_9...ature=youtu.be

Luv a MIC , like a Vanguard 11 but thinking about trying the above.
    See my previous post about this...

User Tag List