Page 63 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    After trying a Fricke Arch Angel a while back and not liking it, I went back to regular IWB carry. Been wanting to get a GOOD AIWB to start training/carrying that way. I recieved my JM Custom AIWB for my M&P9 yesterday and have been wearing the unloaded gun around the house/drawing/reholstering for the last two day's. I wore it while taking my dog for a walk and running some errands today. It conceal's the full size pistol really well for my small frame ( 5'10'', 155 lbs). So far it's pretty comfy, although I am still playing around with belt buckle placement. I'm RH and right now have settled on the belt buckle at 11 O'Clock.

What are the improvements you notice between the Arch Angel and the JM Custom holster? I currently carry a G19 in the Fricke Archangel and while I like it, it does feel kind of "pokey" occasionally. IT's perfectly comfortable when I have it settled into its "groove" in my iliac fossa, but I am wondering if I couldn't improve somehow.

Site Supporter
    The Fricke is nothing more than a Blade-Tech NANO worn 0* cant IMO. It does nothing to tuck the butt of the gun or aide in concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The Fricke is nothing more than a Blade-Tech NANO worn 0* cant IMO. It does nothing to tuck the butt of the gun or aide in concealment.
    That was my experience, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

I did a low light class last night with the Cane Derby AIWB.

It was great, except for re-holstering.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    -General Mattis

So Ive gotten a HK p30, Im going to try a JM AIWB because it seems this will be the eastiest way to conceal it, but my question becomes, how do you carry a reload?

Quote Originally Posted by Hruk View Post
    So Ive gotten a HK p30, Im going to try a JM AIWB because it seems this will be the eastiest way to conceal it, but my question becomes, how do you carry a reload?
    Many (Todd included, I think) carry a mag around 9 o'clock. Others carry up front near the gun.

I've been playing with IWB and OWB and position, and have been happiest with an IWB at 11. Your mileage may vary.
    Sheep Have Wool

Quote Originally Posted by bcauz3y View Post
    I did a low light class last night with the Cane Derby AIWB.

It was great, except for re-holstering.
    what was the issue with reholstering is the CD difficult? or did you meen going slow as to not shoot your self in the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by darthhamtaro View Post
    what was the issue with reholstering is the CD difficult? or did you meen going slow as to not shoot your self in the parts?
    I just didn't want to blow off the goods.

The only way to be sure, was to reholster with both hands.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    -General Mattis

i like to find the holster with the thumb of the shooting hand then holster works in the dark too.

Where is everyone finding the Blackhawk CQB for $40? I would like to try experiment with one for my P220 but the cheapest place I've found them in on Amazon and it's still going to be close to $60. Also, are these fit to the pistol? Amazon's website list them as size 10 for the P220/P226?

User Tag List