Page 6 of 221 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Don't wreck.
    That's Plan A, of course!

Slip the seatbelt behind the pistol when you don't have to conceal it from your passenger and drop your cover garment back over the pistols butt. This also makes it way easier to draw while seated but you do have to remember to untuck the seatbelt before exiting the car.
    Thanks David. That is what I actually do, and usually I don't have anyone in my car who doesn't know I carry. Just looking to see if there were other methods out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think we need to get Todd a pair of yellow aviator shooting glasses and start sporting a Jew-fro so he can reenact this famous A-IWB scene.

http://www.pact.com/index.php?option...d=36&Itemid=53
    Classic scene. I remember as a kid rewinding that scene over and over to try to figure out how fast Jim Zubiena got those shots off.

Can any recommend a good AIWB rig for a 642 J Frame?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 45R View Post
    Can any recommend a good AIWB rig for a 642 J Frame?

Thanks!
    From what I have heard the Raven ACR works pretty well. I use one with my 26.
    Chemist.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    Have they fixed the cracking issues with the ACR?

Todd thanks for making what will most likely be (based from the success of your blog) the best pistol forum on the internet.

That said, I have been struggling with a good way to conceal carry for a long time. I have never tried AIWB but after following the same thread on another site and the better info on this one I want to give it a try. My problem is with the holster availability. As you said in the begining patience is a virtue when it comes to waiting for a good holster. I have no problem waiting or paying the price for a Shaggy or something else but after waiting for six months and then it doesn't work good you have to start all over and you are out the money. Is there any way of getting your hands on one to try out before buying? I already have a box full of other holsters that don't work for me just trying to cut down on the waste.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I have no problem waiting or paying the price for a Shaggy or something else but after waiting for six months and then it doesn't work good you have to start all over and you are out the money. Is there any way of getting your hands on one to try out before buying? I already have a box full of other holsters that don't work for me just trying to cut down on the waste.

thanks
    What gun do you need it for?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    What gun do you need it for?
    G26

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    i had my first AIWB experience with this holster last friday. I wasnt too fond of it at first, with the gun digging into my gut or the holster into my groin. After getting the holster (and my pants) adjusted properly it started to grow on me. the draw is a lot quicker and feels more natural. now im a lefty so it isnt exactly my appendix but thats just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    G26

Sorry, can't help there. I've found that guns as short as the G26 don't always work well in AIWB. They need to be so deep that they won't roll out the top, but then they are too deep for a good draw. Depending on your body type, that may or may not be an issue.

User Tag List