Page 52 of 221 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Not sure if this was covered already, but does anybody appendix carry with a weapon mounted light, and if so what holster? I'm toying with the idea of adding a TLR-3 to my Walther PPS.
    I've been carrying my g17 with rmr and x300 in a Dale Fricke seraphim holster. I added the home made foam wedge (not my idea and I not recall whose to give the appropriate credit) to the bottom of the holster and it tucks in nicely and is much more comfortable than the stock configuration. I think the foam wedge idea was in a post related to predators (sp) holsters.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I've been carrying my g17 with rmr and x300 in a Dale Fricke seraphim holster. I added the home made foam wedge (not my idea and I not recall whose to give the appropriate credit) to the bottom of the holster and it tucks in nicely and is much more comfortable than the stock configuration. I think the foam wedge idea was in a post related to predators (sp) holsters.
    I emailed Dale about a custom archangel for my PPS with a tlr3. He said he could do it so I just may give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    I emailed Dale about a custom archangel for my PPS with a tlr3. He said he could do it so I just may give it a go.
    Pastor Fricke is a pleasure to do business with. If there are special things on your wish list, make sure to tell him so he can get it just how you've dreamt it.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I found AIWB to be amazingly painful within a few short minutes. Bending over to tie my shoes was torture, even with an empty holster. Sitting upright was at best uncomfortable.

I'm junking it and going to back to the Sparks VMII. Yep, slower but at least I can carry the damn gun without bringing tears to my eyes.
    Last edited by NETim; 06-10-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    As we've stated before, successful AIWB carry is about many seemingly little things. The right holster and the right placement do not happen on the first try, typically. To succeed at it you need to work with it. The first time I tried AIWB carry sucked out loud, but now I'm sitting down and I can't even feel the gun. Finding my sweet spot took a whole but it paid off.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    but at least I can carry the damn gun without bringing tears to my eyes.
    Wow, that's pretty extreme. Discomfort is one thing, but if carrying a gun brought tears to my eyes I'd probably go see the doctor to see if I had a medical condition needing attention.

I guess I can't call it Appendix carry anymore for myself as I had an appendectomy this week.

I've found my glock 19 in a 17 sized JM Kydex to be surprisingly comfortable once I found the right place to put it. I'm hyper sensitive to printing so I will sacrifice some comfort when bending over for the conceal ability.

It was painful until I found out the best location though, especially when carrying the 17

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I guess I can't call it Appendix carry anymore for myself as I had an appendectomy this week.
    Clearing out more space for the grip to tuck... that's dedication, dude.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Clearing out more space for the grip to tuck... that's dedication, dude.
    It was part of my plan to start carrying a USP Expert instead of the P2000....

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Wow, that's pretty extreme. Discomfort is one thing, but if carrying a gun brought tears to my eyes I'd probably go see the doctor to see if I had a medical condition needing attention.

And I thought I was the only one who was doing appendix-less carry.

Funny thing, I lost mine about 3 months before I started doing it so I guess my body knew it was going there. Not as hardcore as getting it removed to do it better

User Tag List