Page 41 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I like people who write me checks.

lol this is sweet

Has anyone here used the Desbien AIWB #4 with a reverse cant? Just wanted to see if the reverse cant has any advantages over a straight cant. I believe someone mentioned that SOUTHNARC uses a setup like this. The only advantage I can see from this setup is possible drawing from contact distance one handed and maybe a little less printing depending on body type.
    Last edited by ToddG; 11-15-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: de-bolded

We are diminished
    I played with another maker's reverse cant aiwb recently and did not like it. While it concealed well and was comfortable, the gun draw requires either that you "un-cant" the holster by force as you draw, twisting it on the belt; or, you have to pull the gun outward away from your body to clear the holster.

I set my modified Blade-tech Nano for a very slight reverse cant for AIWB. The weight of the gun/holster, two spare mags, magazine carrier, and a small knife, all up front between 11 and 1 o'clock, causes my pants to sag slightly in the front, which changes the angle of the gun a little bit. Setting the holster with a slight reverse cant makes the actual angle of the gun/holster like that of a straight drop rig.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    Has anyone here used the Desbien AIWB #4 with a reverse cant? Just wanted to see if the reverse cant has any advantages over a straight cant. I believe someone mentioned that SOUTHNARC uses a setup like this. The only advantage I can see from this setup is possible drawing from contact distance one handed and maybe a little less printing depending on body type.
    The #4 rides relatively low to begin with. Unless they changed the attachment point I don't think a RC#4 would be to good.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    The #4 rides relatively low to begin with. Unless they changed the attachment point I don't think a RC#4 would be to good.
    My Desbiens #4 rides lower as well, lower than my Shaggy and a reverse cant on it in my opinion would be a no go. That being said, mine is a slightly older version, the new hardcore or newer belt loop version may ride a tad higher, but I don't think so from the photos I've seen.

Just a data point for those still concerned with AIWB comfort - Sunday afternoon I drove all the way from OKC to Houston (7-8 hours) in a very upright-sitting pickup with a P30 in a shaggy and full size spare mag in one of the DGL RC pouches and it didn't bug me at all. And the guy riding with me had no idea I was carrying. Before giving it a try, I just couldn't imagine how AIWB and driving could possibly work, but it does.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Actually Rhome now offers the #4 Hardcore in two different ride heights and both a neutral and reverse cant. Can't really get any better for the customer than that. And yes my preferred set-up right now is the #4 Hardcore High-Ride/Reverse Cant.

Scroll down and take a gander.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/iwb-holsters/

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Actually Rhome now offers the #4 Hardcore in two different ride heights and both a neutral and reverse cant. Can't really get any better for the customer than that. And yes my preferred set-up right now is the #4 Hardcore High-Ride/Reverse Cant.
    Excellent. I think I'll be ordering a Hardcore in the near future. I was pleased with the quality of my #4, I just found myself wanting a higher ride height.

You got any pictures of it being
    worn?

Thanks for the link.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List