Page 29 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Well, I listened to David and am currently wearing one of my UA v-necks, ordered from UA directly

I am amazed at how much cooler and more comfortable I am, the sweat doesn't pool up like it used to and if I'm really sweating the shirt stays damp but not heavy like cotton so any breeze is like air conditioning. I'm compleatly sold and now have have enough to get me through a week at a time which is a pretty solid investment in undershirts since I couldn't find v necks for less than $18-20.

I'm now awaiting an archangel, shaggy, and pardus for the G34 so hopefully I will chime in sometime in the next 6 months (hopefully) with some comparisons of those. BTW, is there a support group for holster addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    BTW, is there a support group for holster addiction?
    Possibly, but this ain't it
    +1 on the UA type undershirts, I've been using cheapo ones with good results.
    Another thing- for matches and classes I've also been wearing a dri-fit type polo for concealment. That type of fabric seems to clear much easier over the butt of the gun, no snagging or dragging like cotton sometimes does.

Here are a few pics of my C&D AIWB carrying a G19 and a Dale Fricke horizontal mag pouch.

Sorry you had to see my feet. I hate looking at people's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Sorry you had to see my feet. I hate looking at people's feet.
    It wasn't your feet that were bothering me. Thanks for sharing, still waiting on mine to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    It wasn't your feet that were bothering me. Thanks for sharing, still waiting on mine to arrive.
    Was it the "eye of the storm"?

The concealment is impressive. The other day it would have been just a wild guess to pick if you were carrying IWB or AIWB. I didn't not notice anything.

And I'm with ya on men's feet. Hate sandals and flip flops for that reason.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've been wanting to try AIWB for awhile now and just didn't feel like I had that kind of money to lay down on experimentation. Until I was perusing the Desbiens Gun Leather website awhile back after SouthNarc posted his review of the reverse cant mag pouch. I noticed that Rhome offered his IWB #4 which was meant for AIWB carry(but could be use din other locations) for $85. So I ordered one of those and the R/C mag pouch.

It just arrived yesterday and I have to say that so far I'm really liking AIWB. Besides all of the other benefits that you often hear about AIWB I feel like I have better awareness of my pistol than I did carrying at 3:00. Also while carrying at 3:00 it seemed to weigh my belt down awkwardly(I have a quality gun-belt) which doesn't happen at all carrying at around 12:30.

I wouldn't say that the holster doesn't print at all. But the nice thing is that when it does show it's the belt loop that prints which doesn't look at all like a pistol.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rains on Parades View Post
    I've been wanting to try AIWB for awhile now and just didn't feel like I had that kind of money to lay down on experimentation.
    If $ is an issue for anyone else (understandable) C&D is having a 24hr 20% off sale. It ends at midnight tonight.

What pistol is this holster for? I'm just trying to keep all the reviews in my head in some type of order and I'm concerned with size of pistol. I'm looking for another aiwb holster for my G17, but I'm concerned that the extra length may cause the holster to bruise my thigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Rains on Parades View Post
    I've been wanting to try AIWB for awhile now and just didn't feel like I had that kind of money to lay down on experimentation. Until I was perusing the Desbiens Gun Leather website awhile back after SouthNarc posted his review of the reverse cant mag pouch. I noticed that Rhome offered his IWB #4 which was meant for AIWB carry(but could be use din other locations) for $85. So I ordered one of those and the R/C mag pouch.

It just arrived yesterday and I have to say that so far I'm really liking AIWB. Besides all of the other benefits that you often hear about AIWB I feel like I have better awareness of my pistol than I did carrying at 3:00. Also while carrying at 3:00 it seemed to weigh my belt down awkwardly(I have a quality gun-belt) which doesn't happen at all carrying at around 12:30.

I wouldn't say that the holster doesn't print at all. But the nice thing is that when it does show it's the belt loop that prints which doesn't look at all like a pistol.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    What pistol is this holster for? I'm just trying to keep all the reviews in my head in some type of order and I'm concerned with size of pistol. I'm looking for another aiwb holster for my G17, but I'm concerned that the extra length may cause the holster to bruise my thigh...
    It's custom made. They will build them for many different pistols.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List