Page 215 of 221 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Keepers Concealment makes the best, most comfortable AIWB holsters and it isn’t even close.
    Spenser is def. top shelf but I'll put the man (Tony JM) I've been buying from since 2011 right there w/ him.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Keepers Concealment makes the best, most comfortable AIWB holsters and it isn’t even close.
    I've tried almost everything on the market...as this thread indicates, I go back on this a long way.

I have found over the years that seemingly minor differences in dimensions make huge differences in comfort. I have found that different gun/holster combinations work better for me than others.

When I had a Keepers holster for a 1911, it was very comfortable. I didn't find it as comfortable with other pistols.

So my good experiences with holsters are a decent starting point to give advice for folks trying it, but I always tell folks to remain open to trying another holster.

The most comfortable holster I've ever used is the 5 Shot Leather SME with an H&K P30. That gun and holster combo I could wear all day every day and barely know it was there.

In kydex, I found Custom Carry Concept's "Shaggy" (No longer made, sadly) and the Dark Star Orion were head and shoulders above other kydex AIWB holsters for me. I've had both for multiple handguns and even between different pistols there's been some variation after factoring in getting used to a different pistol.

Successful AIWB requires a fair bit more experimentation and tweaking than strong side carry, usually. Once you've found something that works for you it's great. Just be aware that if you change what you carry, what you wear, or even change yourself (gain or lose weight, for example) you may need to explore other holster options.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Successful AIWB requires a fair bit more experimentation and tweaking than strong side carry, usually. Once you've found something that works for you it's great. Just be aware that if you change what you carry, what you wear, or even change yourself (gain or lose weight, for example) you may need to explore other holster options.
    I've been AIWB-ing for five years. The quote above is the true truth of AIWB-ing. I'd only add that different cushions and pads can make a significant difference. If someone scores big with their initial AIWB rig in all day comfy-ness and concealability then they should consider themselves lucky. For most folks it will take some experimentation to find the perfect set up. Completely worth it in my opinion.

I grabbed a Vedder Lite Tuck holster on a whim just to try. I'm pleasantly surprised by it. He gun fit is perfect and the holster is finished very well. I was pretty skeptical about the clip but it fits a 1.5" belt very well. There is little movement of the belt when locked into the clip which means the gun won't wobble. I like that. I doubt the clip would pass the ECQC testing though. The highest ride height is pretty low but ideal for me and my P2000SK. The claw works well and it's interesting how they designed it to use only 1 screw. We'll see how it holds up. I'm going to keep playing with it and see how it shakes out.

Name:  PXL_20221118_200023513.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  51.4 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

The Vedder clips aren't worth a piss.
    I modded a dcc clip to work instead of the Vedder.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    The Vedder clips aren't worth a piss.
    I modded a dcc clip to work instead of the Vedder.
    I hear you. I really like the DCC clips but they allow too much movement of the holster on the belt for me.

I love my JMCK AIWB for my Beretta. I don’t see almost $100 worth of value to the piece of kydex that wraps around the muzzle, which is he only big difference I can see between the two.

If you do, go for it. To each their own.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I hear you. I really like the DCC clips but they allow too much movement of the holster on the belt for me.
    How much too large are they? Often times a little cord wrapped around the top of the clip and a little CA glue to hold it in place can take up the slop.

I think the Vedder wing has two holes and one screw, but I've not ever had hands on one. If that's the case, it is still restrained in three planes and three axis.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    How much too large are they? Often times a little cord wrapped around the top of the clip and a little CA glue to hold it in place can take up the slop.

I think the Vedder wing has two holes and one screw, but I've not ever had hands on one. If that's the case, it is still restrained in three planes and three axis.
    A single 1.5" DCC clip is sloppy enough on my Vdev Megingjord 1.5" belt that my pistol can go from straight drop with master grip capability to reverse cant with zero master grip capability with little effort. I'll have to try the cord trick. Thanks!

The Vedder wing has a hole for the screw that holds the wing and provides retention adjustment, and a small post that fits into a hole in the Kydex. Pretty neat but I wonder about durability.

DCC clip was a drop-in replacement for the Vedder clip. I'll give this a try. Need to find my cordage.

Name:  PXL_20221123_200642068.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  38.9 KB

User Tag List