Page 212 of 221 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I would like to add additional questions to this discussion in which DCC Monoblock and Discreet Carry Clips are being discussed.

1. What is the difference between a DCC Monoblock and Discreet Carry Clips?
    2. Of the two, which is the preferred for use with an AIWB holster? Discuss, please.

Thanks
    DCC monoblock is connected. DCC clips are two separate clips. On CSW post above, the orange holster has monoblock and the black holster has dcc clips

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    DCC monoblock is connected. DCC clips are two separate clips. On CSW post above, the orange holster has monoblock and the black holster has dcc clips
    Thanks very much for the reply.

So beyond the combined pair vs. separated pair of clips they are identical? No difference in length, width, thickness, material of construction, holding strength, etc.?

Just picked up a P30 V1. I cannot conceal it worth a damn on my frame. My G19 disappears but with the P30 it’s very evident something is there. I’ve tried a Dara AIWB Holster with a wing claw and still no luck. Almost regretting the purchase.

I snagged a JMCK AIWB for a P30L (and also one for a G17) and will try that out to see if it works better. I’ll post pics when it arrives.

I am about 14lbs down with around 30 to go so maybe that’s a big factor.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

So beyond the combined pair vs. separated pair of clips they are identical? No difference in length, width, thickness, material of construction, holding strength, etc.?
    The Monoblock is easier to don and doff than the normal clips. That means it’s less secure should you have to fight over your gun.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The Monoblock is easier to don and doff than the normal clips. That means it’s less secure should you have to fight over your gun.
    I have also seen some people say the monoblock is easier to break while grappling

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Just picked up a P30 V1. I cannot conceal it worth a damn on my frame. My G19 disappears but with the P30 it’s very evident something is there. I’ve tried a Dara AIWB Holster with a wing claw and still no luck. Almost regretting the purchase.

I snagged a JMCK AIWB for a P30L (and also one for a G17) and will try that out to see if it works better. I’ll post pics when it arrives.

I am about 14lbs down with around 30 to go so maybe that’s a big factor.
    Maybe need more tuck, foam or pillow.

They all work the same, but the singles can be had in various lengths. The monoblock is basically a replacement for the FOMI clips.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Maybe need more tuck, foam or pillow.
    I really think I need to try the foam/pillow option. The grip seems to protrude out and away from my body despite the length. Hoping the longer holster will help as well.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Thanks to all who have replied, and further comments and thoughts are welcome.

DCC themselves have stated multiple times that the Monoblock is inferior in terms of durability in a grapple or gun grab situation and is only intended by them for use with holsters that can’t accept the clips (exe. the excellent JMCK George and original AIWB models and 5 Shot SME). If your holster can accept the clips, it’s best to go with those.

I’ll also note that I prefer the adjustability of the clips. The Universal versions especially are basically infinitely micro-adjustable for ride height, so with two of them you can very minutely and precisely adjust both ride height and cant to be absolutely perfect. I have a hard time using other attachments now because they don’t let me get to a perfect Goldilocks option in between what the holster mounting slots allow for.

For reference my holster choice for full size guns is either a JMCK Wingclaw 2.0 or a Wingclaw 2.5, both with dual Mod 4 Universal DCC clips.

User Tag List