Page 209 of 221 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is this from outside of the hip bones? It looks like she is measuring a smaller distance. My waist is 31", and the outer hipbone distance is about 14", including curvature of the body.

5.875 / 14 = 0.42
    I dunno CF. I just kinda sorta pressed in on my tummy on the sides until I could feel the points of my hip, and stretched a steel tape across to get a measurement. Probably accurate to about an inch, but who knows. FYI my waist side is 34” but I rather suspect I’m more cylindrical than you are.

Is this from outside of the hip bones? It looks like she is measuring a smaller distance. My waist is 31", and the outer hipbone distance is about 14", including curvature of the body.

5.875 / 14 = 0.42
    From the video it looks like you should measure from the inside of the hip bones.

Fwiw this makes sense to me. I got 0.39 for my G45 and while it’s concealed it is on the large side and the bottom of the magazine sometimes prints if I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt

5.25/13.5=0.39

Name:  83C24B14-E6A4-40EB-A4F6-40812350EACA.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  46.8 KB

Kodiak carry…

G20.4/Acro, JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, Mastermind ACP junk carry pillow.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    What I found pretty intriguing was the numeric ratio of gun height to hipbone area (for lack of a better term.) Ratios of 30-40% were suggested as ideal.
    Thanks for sharing the video. With 11” hip span I’ve struggled with midsize pistols and true concealment. My 5” P01 gives 45%, utilizing claws and wedges currently but my next course of action is increasing shirt size and reducing body fat.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Kodiak carry…

I pity the bear that charges you.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Kodiak carry…

Joe Watson Pikal?
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

@Tony Mayer built me this AIWB for the centurion.

Name:  20220621_161651.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  20220621_161052.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  35.8 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

AIWB Observations/Questions

I'm carry a Staccato C2/Holosun 507 in a JMCK 2.5. I'm finding the rig easy to conceal and very comfortable. Two things I've run into.
    1. In the summer I generally conceal with a Columbia PFG short sleeve fishing shirt - very lightweight and can be work over a)nothing, b)t-shirt, c)SPF50 shirt. IWB I could reach around to the right side of the shirt, clear the holster and reliably grip the gun. AIWB I can't reliably grab both sides of the shirt and since the material isn't stretchy when I reach to the right and pull the shirt up the left side of the shirt can snag on the gun. Am I on the right track assuming I should stick with polo-style shirts or any non-button shirt with a bit of stretch?
    2. I generally wear ratchet belts (Kore or Nexbelt). IWB or OWB at 3-4 o'clock I can sit on the can and ratchet the belt close keeping the gun securely in the holster. This simply doesn't work AIWB as the belt tension can't be increased enough to keep the holster from rotating forward. At home I can remove the holster, but not practical in any other situation. I am using loops with snaps which is less secure when the belt isn't cinched against my body, but I can't be the only one who has dealt with this. Or am I?

I'd like to avoid having to go with metal clips, but I may just have to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Am I on the right track assuming I should stick with polo-style shirts or any non-button shirt with a bit of stretch?
    That, or just plan on pulling up hard enough on the shirt that, if necessary, a button will pop or the shirt will tear. Obviously use something different for practice. I have shirts that are inflexible enough I wouldn't use them for the range or dry fire, but I also know that if I'm drawing like I mean it they won't cause a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    IWB or OWB at 3-4 o'clock I can sit on the can and ratchet the belt close keeping the gun securely in the holster. This simply doesn't work AIWB as the belt tension can't be increased enough to keep the holster from rotating forward. At home I can remove the holster, but not practical in any other situation.
    I use my boxers to retain the gun. No joke. Has the plus of concealing it in a public restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Joe Watson Pikal?
    Yep. My favorite fixed blade.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List