Page 208 of 221 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I'll do that. Actually tried the DCC at the 4:00 position but found them very awkward so had been running the snaps when I moved the Tenicor from IWB to AIWB. The JMCK 2.5 I have had the wide-spaced DCC and I just couldn't deal with what I found to be two-hand don/doff operation. I do think the clips are unhandy when the pants have a thick waistband, but that is a YMMV sort of thing. I have an all steel commander but with only a one round advantage over the Staccato and a weight downside I'm sticking with the "C". Just need to master the bouncing dot.
    I don't think the 2.5 has wide DCC clip placement. (At least mine doesn't.) Are you referring to the 2.0?

Here's my 2.5

Name:  JMCK WC 2.5  G17.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  71.1 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Oops. I reversed the 2.0 and 2.5 nomenclature. The Certum 3 I have would work with the clips, but I'm going to leave the snaps and reserve that configuration for 4:00. The JMCK will be a bit more comfortable AIWB since they are a bit longer being sized for the 4.4" barrel Staccato.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Oops. I reversed the 2.0 and 2.5 nomenclature. The Certum 3 I have would work with the clips, but I'm going to leave the snaps and reserve that configuration for 4:00. The JMCK will be a bit more comfortable AIWB since they are a bit longer being sized for the 4.4" barrel Staccato.
    One nice feature that I've found, in comparison to my experience with the Tenicor Velo 4, is that the hardware that Tony supplies for the DCC's really locks 'em down where you have them set. I had some issues previously with the clips moving out of position on the Tenicor with the supplied hardware.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I recently started using a pair of Haven Defense Apostle's. I came across them when browsing Gabe's performance awards page and noticed one of the turbo pin winners had listed Haven as the holster used. I decided to check them out.

Mine are enigma ready variants, though i have one set up as a belt holster (I have plenty of wings and attachments sitting around so it wasn't necessary to order with those and it was nice to have that as an option). Fixed retention is solid(since switching to an enigma I've just learned to dig fixed retention as it attaches better to the enigma), hole spacing allows for semi-wide dcc's or loops at various cant/heights (also the jmck split loop fits!!!), a nice built in muzzle wedge that is very reminiscent (if not an exact copy) of the DSG tear drop pad in shape, and a full sweat guard with red dot cut.

I'm using them for glock and p80's. The edging on mine wasn't quite as smooth as a JMCK, which is the best smooth edging in my experience, but in my submitted review Haven replied and said they were going to focus on that in their QC going forward to make sure no sharpness slips through. Pretty simple to hit with some sandpaper though. Sweat guard on the glock was higher than the edge of the slide so I trimmed it. On my p80 if was just below the slide and I left it alone. For me, when using a phlster slanted wing on a modwing (my preference for the modwing/enigma combo), combined with the built in muzzle wedge - I get the best combo of concealment and ride height/speed that i've experienced so far. No busted knuckles and everything tucks nicely with minimal printing.

I generally prefer longer holsters (5" for m&p or 34 for glocks) but this in 17 length is very comfortable and with the way pressure is distributed on an enigma, I don't feel the extra length is needed. I am liking this enough that I will be ordering another set, one for my m&p and my beretta. I've only got a few hundred rounds and a couple hundred dry draws with them but no complaints on performance as of yet. I think they are worth checking out if you are either unsatisfied with currrent options (I've long said jmck and dsg can cover all of my needs, and they do) or are simply looking for something different, as I was (inquisitive fucker I am).

https://havendefenseco.com/apostle-aiwb/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I just came across this as I am always looking for leather AIWB options.

https://www.palmettoleather.com/coll...pendix-holster
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

YT served up this interesting video from the folks at Phlster the other day.

What I found pretty intriguing was the numeric ratio of gun height to hipbone area (for lack of a better term.) Ratios of 30-40% were suggested as ideal.

Being curious, I measured both my current carry (P365X + 407k in a JM CK AIWB 2.5 WC) and ahem "hipbone" distance, and got the 13". Since my rig measures 5", my ratio is

5" / 13" = 39%

Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  99.0 KB

I've been carrying this way the last couple weeks, pants on = gun on, with the WC grip, and it's turned out to be very comfortable.

I just did the same thing for a Beretta Centurion with an RMR.
    I'm @ 38% with that one.

Did the same with my current 1911 that I've been using for almost 3 years now.

The 1911 with irons is 28.9%.

Interesting concept.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

@rj, excellent video. Phlster continues to provide excellent information and products.

My P-07 with a 509t2 measures 5.875" in height. Depending on how I measure the hip distance, I get around 50%.

How are you measuring hip to hip?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, excellent video. Phlster continues to provide excellent information and products.

My P-07 with a 509t2 measures 5.875" in height. Depending on how I measure the hip distance, I get around 50%.

How are you measuring hip to hip?
    As per 1:06 in the video, “distance across your body at the two hip bones.”

Name:  84AB677B-233D-4894-87CB-CCDA85EEAA39.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  60.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    As per 1:06 in the video, “distance across your body at the two hip bones.”

Name:  84AB677B-233D-4894-87CB-CCDA85EEAA39.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  60.6 KB
    Is this from outside of the hip bones? It looks like she is measuring a smaller distance. My waist is 31", and the outer hipbone distance is about 14", including curvature of the body.

5.875 / 14 = 0.42
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List