Page 205 of 221 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Site Supporter
    I buy foam pads from JMCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, can you clarify about the added 0.10”? My JCPs add zero to my above the belt thickness.
    Using a digital caliper, I measured the distance from a reference point on the holster squished down, to the desktop, inside down. The delta, with and without the JCP+Gel pad, turned out to be 0.100".

Disclaimer: All numbers are to Harbor Freight standards.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @RJ , you’re looking good! So trim!
    If he could only remember to zip his fly. Gonna have to put in some more training time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If he could only remember to zip his fly. Gonna have to put in some more training time.
    FML

It’s partially zipped... it’s the “half cock” setting for speed on the draw...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It’s partially zipped... it’s the “half cock” setting for speed on the draw...
    It didn't meet the gray man, concealed threshold. We have our standards around here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

For my needs, I run a strip of 1/4” thick high-durometer EVA foam backed with industrial Velcro, for just a bit of padding and to avoid hotspots with my Floodlight rig. Perfectly comfortable for a full day, including a recent 14 hour drive.

I learned through trial and error that when it comes to AIWB, a longer holster is better- for my build. Counterintuitive to an extent, but it hides much better than smaller pistols with smaller holsters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Better access to a spare magazine?? (Don’t ask where it’s stored).

I've followed this thread with semi-fascination. The need to re-invent (some would claim to improve) the wheel apparently runs in our DNA. I've used wedges from a few different sources as well as the Dark Star Teardrop and the stock wedge from JMCK. I find them to be perfectly comfortable (as much as shoving 3 or 4 lbs of gun in your pants should be). Kudos to your imagination and ingenuity.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We've been replacing the shells. Part of a warranty means that there's some hope that customers do swap around, and many due, but it goes in waves. I think we've got 3-4 right now that we gotta send out. Some users are harder than others in how they're worn and how things cinch down and fatigue the shell. Thicker material is a bandaid and doesn't stop the bleeding, but there is a hopeful solution that will reduce the flex to the single side that we're finally implementing. Once we get some parts on hand, I may try and rebuild our old backwoods fatigue testing contraption and get some cycles on some shells and see how it does.
    Hey Tom, I emailed you about my two broken dsg holsters (trigger guard breakage) 7/8/21 and 7/14/21 and again 7/19/21 to no avail. If they're not under warranty cool, can I purchase the shells alone?

- Wayland

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

User Tag List