Page 203 of 221 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Got a tenicor velo for my lw champion today. So far so good.

Site Supporter
    I have tried to search but seem to be missing the mark. I have recently started carrying my 19 in an Enigma and a JMkydex 2.?. I have found it allows me to carry AIWB completely concealed with a tucked shirt which is my daily attire. I find it comfortable but find when I sit or drive for over an hour the grip is digging into my ribs. I know the easy answer is to remove the gun when driving but wonder if you guys could recommend a simple adjustment? I have always had to wear my holsters lower to prevent the grip from printing but Im now able to get a firing grip.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have tried to search but seem to be missing the mark. I have recently started carrying my 19 in an Enigma and a JMkydex 2.?. I have found it allows me to carry AIWB completely concealed with a tucked shirt which is my daily attire. I find it comfortable but find when I sit or drive for over an hour the grip is digging into my ribs. I know the easy answer is to remove the gun when driving but wonder if you guys could recommend a simple adjustment? I have always had to wear my holsters lower to prevent the grip from printing but Im now able to get a firing grip.
    Removing the gun while driving is a terrible idea. WAY too much unnecessary handling. I don't use the Enigma but I do carry a 19 or 17 in a JMCK 2.0. I'd experiment with where on your body you're carrying. I carry as close to the hip crease as possible without getting in the way of bending. If you're carrying close to centerline, try moving towards 1:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Removing the gun while driving is a terrible idea. WAY too much unnecessary handling. I don't use the Enigma but I do carry a 19 or 17 in a JMCK 2.0. I'd experiment with where on your body you're carrying. I carry as close to the hip crease as possible without getting in the way of bending. If you're carrying close to centerline, try moving towards 1:30.
    Agreed. Removing the gun is a bad idea, we need to be minimizing administrative gun handling.

As for placement... it's so wildly variable, but Larry hit it on the head by saying "experiment". Try moving the pistol a little closer to centerline, or away from centerline and see how that changes the angle & interactions of your body (pelvic crease, rib cage, etc). You can also try adding some positive or negative cant to the holster to see if it's just a small angle adjustment that takes the grip from "digging in" to "perfectly comfortable" - sometimes it's just a small tweak that can really change that.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Appendix carry with light

Good Morning,

I have an question for the members.

I am currently carrying a G19 MOS with Holosun in a JMCK "George with 1.5 DCC clips and foam wedge, no issues love the holster.
    I would like to get an appendix carry holster for the above mentioned pistol with a streamlight TRL7 attached.

Please let me know a good recommendation for holster.

Thanks
    Steve

JMCK makes their Wing Claw 2.5 in a light bearing version, and Glock with a TLR7 looks to be an option. Also looks like it's available with a Monoblock. So the real differences between this and your current holster would be that it 1) fits the light and 2) uses a Modwing claw instead of the angled molding of the George to rotate the grip. Seems like it should be the ticket. An advantage of the Modwing is that rotation is adjustable - it has two block sizes for the claw, and if the small one is still too much, it can be sanded down easily (I've done that with striker-fired guns to keep the back of the slide from printing).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Good Morning,

I have an question for the members.

I am currently carrying a G19 MOS with Holosun in a JMCK "George with 1.5 DCC clips and foam wedge, no issues love the holster.
    I would like to get an appendix carry holster for the above mentioned pistol with a streamlight TRL7 attached.

Please let me know a good recommendation for holster.

Thanks
    Steve
    I’ve only ever used one AIWB light bearing holster so I can’t speak to other models. My work gun is a G19 with TLR7A. I primarily carry it in a Tenicor Sagax Lux. It’s not perfect because the molded in wedge/body contour isn’t right for my body. I prefer holsters with flat body sides I can just velcro a foam wedge to. That being said, I have both a Tenicor Velo4 and Certum3 for non-light bearing Glocks and I vastly prefer the Certum with foam wedge to the Velo with regards to concealment. The Certum Lux might work for you. If it doesn’t, they’ve got great customer service and would probably refund your money.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks for the responses, I think I am going the JMCK route.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Keep in mind that most makers have some kinda warranty... When you're paying for a holster, you're paying for CS, warranty, etc, and keeping them around for years to come so they can handle it when you need it.
    What's DSG's warranty on something like this? I have multiple holsters from various companies that have cracked in the same spot. I just figured it's inevitable and not covered under warranty, so I just buy a new one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Frankl View Post
    What's DSG's warranty on something like this? I have multiple holsters from various companies that have cracked in the same spot. I just figured it's inevitable and not covered under warranty, so I just buy a new one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    We've been replacing the shells. Part of a warranty means that there's some hope that customers do swap around, and many due, but it goes in waves. I think we've got 3-4 right now that we gotta send out. Some users are harder than others in how they're worn and how things cinch down and fatigue the shell. Thicker material is a bandaid and doesn't stop the bleeding, but there is a hopeful solution that will reduce the flex to the single side that we're finally implementing. Once we get some parts on hand, I may try and rebuild our old backwoods fatigue testing contraption and get some cycles on some shells and see how it does.
    Last edited by orionz06; 03-10-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List