Page 199 of 221 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    If they are what they look like they will be I might hog out the holes on some of my JMCKs or I have IWB-3s with the wide spacing for the PTD loops. But even if you have to make the hole a little wider it would probably be easy to make work.

Dual horizontal slots .885” – 1.15” on center. I know they should fit my JMCK George and Mastermind holsters. "Might" fit one of my DSG holsters with a little encouragement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Dual horizontal slots .885” – 1.15” on center. I know they should fit my JMCK George and Mastermind holsters. "Might" fit one of my DSG holsters with a little encouragement.
    I marked my calendar for 3/22, they posted on FB that is when they will be available for order. I for sure would want to substitute this for the one(s) I have with the plastic clips, but am hopeful they might be good enough to abandon the PTD straps. Right now I have a couple of dupes, I don't like the plastic clips, and prefer the fagetaboutit aspect of the straps, but need the clip when I know I will be transitioning.

I put the concealment clips on both my JMCK George for a PPS and Keepers Errand also for PPS. Fit great and much improved over the FOMI clips.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I didn't see any dimensions. It would need to be 1.25"

But yes. I would prefer that
    Do you have the normal hole pattern AIWB? If so I know the Monoblock will fit and we have a bunch on order already! If you have the discontinued wide hole pattern aiwa, then you will need to drill a couple holes but it's doable.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Do you have the normal hole pattern AIWB? If so I know the Monoblock will fit and we have a bunch on order already! If you have the discontinued wide hole pattern aiwa, then you will need to drill a couple holes but it's doable.
    Nothing like pulling something out of my pants to make sure it'll fit
    Name:  15837830590288030422118924261411.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  31.0 KB

So, perhaps a little belatedly, anybody have any tips/tricks for drawstroke with a closed front zipped-up jacket? Picked up a winter and a spring/fall jacket on clearance and both are full zip. I've noticed a bit of difficulty getting the garment cleared sufficiently.

Pull straight up. Dont try to pull out

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nothing like pulling something out of my pants to make sure it'll fit
    Name:  15837830590288030422118924261411.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  31.0 KB
    That looks like the wide hole pattern, but you could drill a couple hole inbound from the loop closest to the cylinder to get the Monoblock to fit.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    So, perhaps a little belatedly, anybody have any tips/tricks for drawstroke with a closed front zipped-up jacket? Picked up a winter and a spring/fall jacket on clearance and both are full zip. I've noticed a bit of difficulty getting the garment cleared sufficiently.
    You will see, with training, this is one of the areas where AIWB carry shines.

The same exact garment setup is harder to draw from carrying strong side.

What you do is:

Don't go for the bottom edge of the cover garment. Solidly grab a "handful" of it, on top of, or just above, the gun itself. Pull straight up.

From this position, you can effect contact distance shots, as your support hand will automatically be out of the way. This incorporates well into assuming a horizontal elbow shield as well, while shooting from retention using the TPI.

Or just press out as usual.

Doing it this way, even if you have two layers covering the gun (coat and shirt), you're grabbing it all at once.

Practice with your coat/rig combo, you'll find a "sweet spot" for just where your hand is going and grabbing, and how far you're pulling up yo clear.

Once established, practice the heck out of it.

Then hit the range with a timer. You'll be surprised how fast it can be!

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

@ssb, if I have a really huge layer of winter gear, I grab from the bottom, pull out, and lift with both hands. When the strong hand clears the grip, keep lifting with the support hand, then draw as usual. It doesn't add as much time as it sounds.

Edit: found a vid cap of this (1.2s par):

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-12-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List