Page 194 of 221 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Just a thought: Safepacker, made by The Wilderness dot com. It is not for everyone, but does eliminate wind as a factor in concealment.

AIWB is less vulnerable to wind, in general, as one can be more subtle about holding the cover garment in place. A hand in the front pocket can act to anchor the hem of the cover garment. One can hold an unrelated item over the holstered weapon.

Thin cover garments are never the best for concealment, and, there are textured cover garments that are not hotter to wear than thin garments. While a bit expensive, the early version of Patagonia AC cloth comes to mind. (A later version was made thinner and lighter; I have not seen the latest.)
    Checked it out, yes that would be very effective in preventing printing on a windy day. But not something I could pull off.

"Patagonia AC cloth" What is this?

As far as what I'm wearing, it's usually a Gustin shirt (that's a referral link, by the way. Non referral: https://www.weargustin.com/store).

In this thread I am wearing this shirt: https://www.weargustin.com/store/kni...ose-faded-grey (the reddish shirt in the middle) so I can conceal well, but on a breezy day it's harder. I've thought about some kind of lightweight waistcoat/vest, but I think that would make me more noticeable and invite more scrutiny. I've never seen anyone here in Idaho wearing a waistcoat that isn't for cold weather.

EDIT:

What are P-F's thoughts about the viability of using a starched seersucker shirt for windy days? I've never starched a shirt before so I'm not 100% sure what it does to the texture, but the pattern and the texture of seersucker might make it pretty decent for anti-printing while still being a lightweight, cool shirt.

I wouldn't ever wear this, but it demonstrates the seersucker texture.

This is more in line with what I'm thinking: https://www.orvis.com/p/gingham-seer...ved-shirt/2pbf
    Last edited by Jay585; 05-12-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I don’t consider wind to be that big a deal.

Keep your strong hang fingers loosely resting at the top of your pocket, thumb outside the pocket. Your arm will block the form of the grip in aiwb.

You can even pull the shirts slightly taut if that makes you feel better.

1/4” grip length makes a big difference. I was noticing that my P-07 was printing a bit, and realized I was using a P10c mag instead of the OEM mag with a flush baseplate.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

AC Cloth

Patagonia is an outdoor clothing brand. When I bought the shirts, AC cloth was a textured fabric used in some of their shirts. I do not have a seersucker garment for comparison, but would think that the effect would be similar.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    How do you folks keep from printing on a breezy day that's also t-shirt weather?

It gets hot here in SE Idaho (well... hot for my Nordic blood) so in the spring and summer I'm usually in a fairly thin shirt. Another thing about SE Idaho is that there's usually a breeze, and that becomes a problem for me in concealment.
    This works:

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Mens.../dp/B00511MQWI

You can carry other stuff too; phone, glasses, etc...

I have my wife sew fishing weights into the tails of my cover shirts. About 6 six ounce weights work well, but don't run unless you are wearing a cup...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Here’s my new JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 for the Glock 20 I’ll be packing in Alaska. I’m blown away by how this holster lets me conceal a forking huge gun under a smedium t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here’s my new JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 for the Glock 20 I’ll be packing in Alaska. I’m blown away by how this holster lets me conceal a forking huge gun under a smedium t-shirt.

Clusterfrack, thanks for the business! Happy that the holster is working for you!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Maybe I am wearing my belt too darn tight. That looks pretty loosey goosey.
    Last edited by Irelander; 05-29-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Maybe I am wearing my belt too darn tight. That looks pretty loosey goosey.
    Yeah, that pic is a little misleading but I don’t wear my belt super tight.

User Tag List