Page 193 of 221 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Elite LTT, keeper, JM high ride pouch - sans cover shirt.

Huge gun, small build. Keeper and the big wedge tucks it in.

Name:  004B22C8-2D35-4F34-809B-0C5DF5F18467.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  23.0 KB

Thanks for all the info, gonna try the large wedge and maybe order a "george" from JMCK.

I received a Tenicor VELO for my 43X about a week ago. Man, I’m so impressed with the thoughtful design and features. I don’t find the molded-in kydex wedge to be uncomfortable, really, but I think it could benefit from a thin layer of padding. That’s the closest thing I have to a complaint. And it would easy enough to fashion a DIY remedy.

Also waiting on a JMCK AIWB with neoprene wedge for my P30S. I’m expecting to be similarly impressed. If it rides even 90% as nice as the VELO then I’d rather carry the P30 for safety, capacity, and shoot-ability.

It’s nice that we have so many great choices available!
    Last edited by ratter75; 05-03-2019 at 05:41 PM.

I just picked up two Henry Holsters aiwb rigs, one for a cz p09 and one for m&p's. I should have done so long ago, as he's a fellow hoosier and I like to support those doing good things in my state when possible.

Retention on the p09 is a bit more tight than I'm accustomed too but the m&p is a bit loose with my 2.0c, in comparison. My 5" fits in the m&p holster no problem. Finish is great and I like the wedge built into the back of the holster. I ran them both today at the range and will make a few changes as I get more time with them, but initial impressions are favorable. The p09 I use the lower ride position and it is perfect. On the m&p I need the high ride position or it busts my knuckles on my belt.

I will change out the snap loops to fixed soft loops per my preference and will put dark wings on at some point but they seem to be a solid option, especially considering they ship asap upon ordering. I'd put the quality right there with JMCK, Phlster, and Dark Star. They are similar in footprint to the phlster classic, by that I mean they have a minimal footprint and like the classic I'd prefer them to be a bit longer with the wedge a bit lower on the holster but other than that I have no real complaints about them from the gate. I'll see how my opinion changes with use. Here are a few pics. You can check them out here if you're interested. https://www.henryholsters.com/

Name:  20190506_115434.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  17.8 KB

Name:  20190506_115600.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  20190506_115604.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:  20190506_115638.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  20190506_115644.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  16.5 KB

Name:  20190506_135606.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  29.9 KB
    Last edited by backtrail540; 05-06-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Those look good from Henry’s.

Non adjustable retention is a no go for me though.

One guy’s tight is another guy’s loose.

How do you folks keep from printing on a breezy day that's also t-shirt weather?

It gets hot here in SE Idaho (well... hot for my Nordic blood) so in the spring and summer I'm usually in a fairly thin shirt. Another thing about SE Idaho is that there's usually a breeze, and that becomes a problem for me in concealment.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    How do you folks keep from printing on a breezy day that's also t-shirt weather?

It gets hot here in SE Idaho (well... hot for my Nordic blood) so in the spring and summer I'm usually in a fairly thin shirt. Another thing about SE Idaho is that there's usually a breeze, and that becomes a problem for me in concealment.
    I usually don't wear thin shirts, but if I do I carry something smaller than the P07 in a pocket or deeper aiwb. I almost always wear button or polo shirts with a nice pattern like plaid, gingham, stripes, Hawaiian, etc and I can get away with heavy winds with the P07

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tend to try and wear looser fitting button ups, sometimes with short sleeves. Dark colors with patterns break up edges, and the stiffer the fabric, the less it prints. I find the buttons along the front help break up the top of the slide. It gets quite breezy and warm in West Texas, and that's been my best solution so far. Otherwise, I tend to lean into the breeze and blade my strong side away from view with a heavy gust. It helps that I often carry papers, notebook, or the like, and can cover the area of concern naturally with thode items as well.

I carry a G17 or G19 AIWB in either a Tenicor Velo or JMCK 2.0. I usually don't wear really thin shirts, but even my "golf shirts" that are pretty silky and thin seem to conceal well. Most people are not looking for a gun around your waist and wouldn't notice some printing anyway.

Just a thought: Safepacker, made by The Wilderness dot com. It is not for everyone, but does eliminate wind as a factor in concealment.

AIWB is less vulnerable to wind, in general, as one can be more subtle about holding the cover garment in place. A hand in the front pocket can act to anchor the hem of the cover garment. One can hold an unrelated item over the holstered weapon.

Thin cover garments are never the best for concealment, and, there are textured cover garments that are not hotter to wear than thin garments. While a bit expensive, the early version of Patagonia AC cloth comes to mind. (A later version was made thinner and lighter; I have not seen the latest.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-12-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List