Page 190 of 221 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Anyone care to help me choose a JMCK for the G48? I’m 6’ and about 200. I recently bought a light bearing holster from him for a G34 and really like it but want this holster to be more for summer carry with thinner clothing. Should I request a longer than normal holster? Which model and clips?

I bought the high ride mag carrier for the double stack mags. Should I go standard or high height for the G48?

Quote Originally Posted by OdinIII View Post
    Anyone care to help me choose a JMCK for the G48? I’m 6’ and about 200. I recently bought a light bearing holster from him for a G34 and really like it but want this holster to be more for summer carry with thinner clothing. Should I request a longer than normal holster? Which model and clips?

I bought the high ride mag carrier for the double stack mags. Should I go standard or high height for the G48?
    The Wing Claw 2.0 or 2.5 with the Discreet Carry Concepts clips would be good. The DCC clips add minimal bulge to the belt line, less then the kydex loop or pull the dot loops, and can work sans belt depending on the pants or shorts.

For my G19 the regular ride height conceals well while allowing a full grip.
    Last edited by sammage; 02-16-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Sammage, I noticed the discreet clips in several Harry’s Holster videos and thought they looked like an excellent idea. They are definitely lower profile than the pull the dot loops on my other AIWB holster. I wish I could get the black raptor Kydex in a quick ship holster.

The biggest drawback I've found to carrying AIWB is that when I sit down it's incredibly uncomfortable. Standing upright I agree it's absolutely the way to go due to speed and numerous other reasons, but I can't get over the fact that I have the barrel of my pistol digging into my groin every time I sit down.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is that pretty normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
    The biggest drawback I've found to carrying AIWB is that when I sit down it's incredibly uncomfortable. Standing upright I agree it's absolutely the way to go due to speed and numerous other reasons, but I can't get over the fact that I have the barrel of my pistol digging into my groin every time I sit down.

What holster, where along the belt? What belt?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post

It depends on you and the holster. When I decided to give AIWB a try I talked to @Tony Mayer and bought a 2.0 for maximum adjustment. I have one for a 92F and another for an M&P. They're adjusted differently for different size/weight pistols, but both are very comfortable.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Perhaps closer to cross-draw than appendix, but couldn't help but notice the position of the M9 carried by a member of a Schwartzkopf's PSD during Desert Shield/Storm. Looks like some serious hardware concealed strong side too.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Perhaps closer to cross-draw than appendix, but couldn't help but notice the position of the M9 carried by a member of a Schwartzkopf's PSD during Desert Shield/Storm. Looks like some serious hardware concealed strong side too.

I dare anyone on the internet to call these guys out for their "shoot me first" vests. Heck, I double dog dare them... ha. Some serious hitters there I'd bet. And yes, I'm curious what that guy on the left has on his strong side.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I dare anyone on the internet to call these guys out for their "shoot me first" vests. Heck, I double dog dare them... ha. Some serious hitters there I'd bet. And yes, I'm curious what that guy on the left has on his strong side.
    They're not pretending to be regular citizens, why would anyone call them out?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    They're not pretending to be regular citizens, why would anyone call them out?
    I'm just being silly my friend. All those "kilt in the streetz" type comments, that's all.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

User Tag List