Page 184 of 221 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Shoot an email to info@darkstargear.com, I'll have some fasteners sent out.

The claw wiggles just a little because of how the holes are sized. There are some things in the works that will eliminate the slop.

For the clip we've had luck with either some paracord wrapped around the belt or clip. A more formal solution is in the works there too.

Tom I'll shoot you an email tomorrow. I found a screw that works for now but would obviously like the right one. A testament to the design that I don't know how long its been missing and I haven't noticed any difference in retention with just the one screw in.

I'm looking at adding some kind of bump to stop the claw wiggle but I'm not sure if I'll find a workable solution for it. Same kind of idea with the clip and adding something to the top to close that gap up. Its probably only a 16th of an inch or two but its just enough to let it slide too low on my belt. Still love the holsters as they are by far my favorite way to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    My new JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 for my Springfield Compact. I love it!
    JM is the bomb.com, waiting patiently for my p239 wing claw fun ritual, new gun -> new JM -> new Dawson's

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    I'm looking at the newer Stealth Gear AIWB with two clips. Anyone have one? I like the one clip version for my PM9, but it's unstable while wearing due to only having the one point of retention.
    I have to say that I started with Stealthgear, but have transitioned to JMCK, mostly because of this forum. I do think Stealthgear is well made, it is very comfortable, and they have great customer service. It's a slick website, and they often run sales. I've had an IWB for a Shield, G19, P30SK, and G43.

But as I practiced more drawing and going to classes, it was clear, as p-f members told me, these holsters don't hold as much muster. And JMCK can be just as comfortable AND, Stealthgear raised prices, so it's not cheaper (as it was when I first bought them with a military discount).

I also tried Incogs for the G19 and G43, which were okay, too, but ended selling those, too.

So now I'm in the expensive and long process of gradually transitioning to JMCK holsters. I just got a 2.5 for a VP9SK, and I have a G43 AIWB ordered, with a G19 and G26 in my wishlist. Consequently, someone had mentioned getting a JRC leather holster, and have Jim working on one for a P30SK.

It's a long way of saying, I think Stealthgear holsters are good for the casual or beginning EDCer. Kydex holsters do take a bit of an adjustment period for what works for you, whereas Stealthgear is a more ready to use. On the other hand, Jim and Tony, with their experience, will tell you what typically works best for your gun and for your body type, which I don't think you can get with Stealthgear.

Lastly, there is always a market for used JMCK holsters, at least on this site, because everyone knows the quality.
    Last edited by Qaz98; 10-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.

chingy98 and SCSU74, we really appreciate the business!! Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    chingy98 and SCSU74, we really appreciate the business!! Thanks
    Tony,
    As I build up my inventory, what's the difference between getting a P30 vs the P30Sk (long) AIWB 2.5 for a P30sk?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chingy98, order the P30 (we are going to remove the P30SK Long) as it will fit both. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Just got some more o' that JMCK goodness last week with the delivery of a George holster for my G19. I have several George holsters and love 'em. I did buy a Wing Claw 2.5 for a little P938. Its sweet and probably more versatile for a variety of body types but I still like the simplicity of the George.

I'm 6'-2", 175# and a 33" waist. Slim old fart. Stuffing a blocky Glock in my britches can be an exercise in terms of comfort and concealment. My hands are over 60 and they like to get a good grip on things the first time. The George does an excellent job and performs even better once I apply a few minor mods to personalize the holster for my individual build.

Check gun fit... perfect as usual. I like to trim and press my soft loops. Already had a set ready to go so I swapped 'em. I order my holsters with a full guard and tailor it to taste which varies by gun. Tony's optional foam wedges work very well but I prefer to do my own. I build canoes and kayaks thus have tons of scrap outfitting foam on hand. Once I've completed my little fiddles its time to take the holster out into the real world for a few days and see how she does.

Draw & present from various positions - check. Hump the hills with the dogs - check. Free exercise routine - check. Ride a bicycle - check. Driving - check. Field photography - check. Raking leaves - check. Conceals well, presents well and its very comfortable.

The George is made for us card carrying members of the Scarecrow Club. I don't know who this George fellow is but he's alright in my book. And thank you, too, Tony

Name:  P1090303 W.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  P1090309 W.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  P1090304 W.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  P1090305 W.jpg
Views: 1752
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  P1090307 W.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by Holmes375; 10-24-2017 at 02:27 PM.

I gotta try one of those sometime.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Holmes375, thanks for the business, glad you like it! Nice pics as well!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I just ordered my 3rd jmck aiwb 2.0. They had a sale yesterday so I am finally replacing the m3 tactical aiwb holster that does work well doesnt have 2 belt clips that I've come to really like on the 2.0 for my 1911 and g19. The new 2.0 will be for my m9a1C and a future m9a3.

I just shot a uspsa last week and did a stage from concealment. My m3 tactical aiwb holster was canted a lot more than I've ever encountered and I do a lot of work from concealment. So that got my wheels turning for a new 2.0. my m9a1C is my second most carried gun behind my 1911 so I guess I talked myself into a new holster

Here's my Springfield loaded EDC
    Attachment 21910

Comp with a m3 tactical aiwb and Beretta m9a1 compact
    Last edited by 03RN; 11-25-2017 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Added pics and video

User Tag List