Page 163 of 221 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I use a CCC versa-mag carrier, on my right hip [I'm lefty].
    I tried an IWB/appendix style mag carrier from KSG, but I couldn't wear it as comfortably as the OWB Versa-mag carrier.
    Rich's stuff is top notch!

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/V...rier_p_30.html
    Last edited by CSW; 01-31-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

The CCC carrier looks a lot like the JMCK one I have. I think I will have the same problem with that one too. I was thinking a pancake style mag pouch would be closer to my body and wouldn't let my t-shirt get caught on the bottom of it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/B...rier_p_18.html

I recently converted to owb carry for a mag pouch and this one is awesome. I started with a cheapo bladetech and it was always getting caught.

It's my understanding that Todd Green helped design it. It's so tiny and hasn't once caught my shirt. It's rounded at the bottom which I think helps with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

The BMC has no extra material anywhere. The absolute barest minimum to securely hold the magazine. Sort of going IWB(look at my VersaMag carrier), no magazine carrier that I've seen is tighter to the body. There are many that are just as tight to be sure, and I'm sure most are quality.

1776 is correct that Todd was key in refining the design. As a mater of fact, when He started with the 1911s I made him some BMCs and went with a squared bottom because of easier manufacturing process on the assumption that the thinner magazine would not catch up on cover garment they way the double stack carriers did before I started rounding the bottom. Wrong!

He requested the rounded bottom edge and gave me the Thumbs Up on the carrier after the mod.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 01-31-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Thanks Rich. Your BMC sounds like a good solution. Do you know if the belt loop will fit a mean gene leather belt? Or should I add the dimensions in the comment section?

They are set up to fit a fairly thick double layer leather gun belt but having the actual dimensions never hurts.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I've not had good luck with IWB mag carriers, so I've stuck with OWB on that front. Use a CompTac single carrier most of the time as well as a Ready Tactical mag pouch. Both work well for me, although the Ready Tactical is set up for really thick belts so if you're running something like an instructor belt it may be a bit off the body.

The CCC BMC looks pretty low profile and sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    What non AIWB magazine pouch are you all using for AIWB carry? I carry AIWB most of the time but my magazine pouch is on my 9-10oclock. When I draw from AIWB my shirt's hem gets caught on the bottom of the mag pouch. I have a blue force gear and a JMCK pouch. I was thinking of trying the new Raven concealment carrier because it has that slanted cut out at the front and looks like the shirt won't get stuck with that.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions? Here's an exaggerated pic of my pulling my shirt up and how my shirt gets caught on the mag pouch. It happens more often with the BFG ten speed probably due to the gripped material on the bottom.

What usually happens is the pouch restricts the ROM I can pull my shirt up, or after I draw and go for a reload the shirt hem is still caught on the pouch and I have to yank the hem off and then clear my shirt for the reload

Pic with the JMCK mag pouch- https://imgur.com/a/N3EkF

I imagine that your picture is a bit exagerrated to more easily show what actually happens. However, for your mag pouch to get caught up, your polo needs to get pulled at least some to the right, which makes me think that when you are pulling up up your polo in order to access your gun, you might also be pulling it to the right with your weak hand; you are using both hands to pull up the covering garment, I think?. Your solution might just lie in observing the movements you make with your weak hand when you begin your draw and perhaps changing them so that your polo does not get pulled to the right and maybe rather even a little to the left.

The above is not to discount at all the possible need to get a less obtrusive mag pouch, only to make you observe your actual movements in more detail. It may turn out that you do everything right and the problem is purely equipment related but my experience tells me that a proper change in technique, more often than not, gets things straightened out.

As always, the value of my observation is worth exactly what you paid for it. :-)

P.S.: or maybe you use a polo shirt that just doesn't work with your equipment?

I use my left hand to pull my shirt up directly above the firearm, which is around 12:30- 1 o clock. I can take a closer look to see if I'm pulling to the right but I'm pretty sure I pull straight up

Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 01-31-2017 at 03:00 PM.

I ran a class recently with both the JMCK AIWB-PT and a weak-side JMCK mag pouch. On a perfect day and flat range draw, I never got hung up on the mag pouch. However I would wind up with my shirt hung up on the 9'o clock pouch in compromised positions and ground work. I'm really tempted by the slimmer topology of the CCC basic pouch... but trying to make myself not buy new things. :-P
    Last edited by masternave; 01-31-2017 at 03:53 PM.

User Tag List