Page 160 of 221 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks man. Next time I'm on the computer I'll take a closer look at his website and if there are any more questions I'll go to his dealer forum on here.
    Oh dang it I probably came across wrong. Did that once before and scared someone away. I was just idly thinking out loud about one of the specific threads (not even vendor threads, just one of the JM threads) would have been better than the sticky. Buts a) it's not important and b)none of my damned business anyway. Forum participation in general is much more important I'm sure. Glad to see you took the comment fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Oh dang it I probably came across wrong. Did that once before and scared someone away. I was just idly thinking out loud about one of the specific threads (not even vendor threads, just one of the JM threads) would have been better than the sticky. Buts a) it's not important and b)none of my damned business anyway. Forum participation in general is much more important I'm sure. Glad to see you took the comment fairly well.
    No worries, I didn't take it that way at all. I actually debated with myself taking the question to a "JM" thread or asking it here. I appreciate the info and I'll loo into it a bit more....

Made another aiwb, this time for the shield. One challenge on a small gun is if the clip is mounted too close to the trigger guard, the retention doesn't work right. Gun will be hard to draw but still wiggle a lot in the holster. Solved this by mounting the top of the clip only into the top kydex layer.

Name:  31076122296_2171810ed5_b.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  31112039455_5226d9aac8_b.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  36.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Recently received a JMC George for my p226. It's a long gun, but quite a bit shorter than the Beretta 92 I was carrying. The 92 was just too damn long for me. The George however, makes for a wonderful 226 carry, especially with the flush fitting 15 round mags vs slightly extended 18 round mags. I spend 11 hours driving during half the week as well with no complaints.

Shirt isn't a loosely goosed either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those using Wilderness belts, do you prefer the 3 or 5 stitch for AIWB? Will be using it with a 228 in a JM. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    For those using Wilderness belts, do you prefer the 3 or 5 stitch for AIWB? Will be using it with a 228 in a JM. Thanks in advance.
    When I carried behind the hip, the 5 stitch worked best for me.
    Now, appendix, the 1.75" 3 stitch is all I need.
    *Walther P 99 for reference.
    Last edited by CSW; 12-20-2016 at 12:21 PM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I find that the 3-stitch level of stiffness is better. Maybe even a smidge less rigid would be even better, but it gets the job done.

I don't prefer the wilderness for aiwb. Specifically because the buckle and hook/loop take up too much space and i find myself moving the buckle over to the side.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

5 Stitch.

I have found no need to have the belt be less stiff than when I carried strong side, and actually with my middle aged man "soft middle", the stiffness keeps things very nicely in place.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I don't prefer the wilderness for aiwb. Specifically because the buckle and hook/loop take up too much space and i find myself moving the buckle over to the side.
    It's a body type thing, I guess, as the buckle doesn't affect space or concealment on me.

User Tag List