Page 156 of 221 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Oops, typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The what customer service?
    Sorry. Typing on a tab A and it does as it pleases. "Their" customer service is very slow. I like the product line, but dread dealing with the reps.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Dark Star Gear Holsters are anything but "any other Kydex holster" I doubt if any other maker(my self included) puts as much thought and effort into their holsters as Tom.
    I second that 100%

I currently run a Dark Star gear exclusively. The only change is I added washers for a "fuck you" level of retention (cuz I like the tight leather feel).
    Last edited by Ob1sbo; 09-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Orionz06, do you have a P30SK mold? I'm thinking about trying that AIWB.

So awhile back I purchased a jmck wing holster for a Glock 19 with the intention of carrying a 26 in it. After trying every combination of pants and belts I had it just wasn't for me.
    I have to commend Tony for his incredible customer service. I sent it back to him once and he paid both ways shipping. Eventually I decided I just couldn't make it work and rather than being stuck with a holster I couldn't use, he offered me to exchange it for a different model.

I went with the George and it was just what I needed for the 26. I have the regular for a 19 and these two holsters are just what I needed.

I can't recommend him enough even if it's just for customer service. Before I ordered the wing holster I had purchased a holster from T. rex arms and they said it couldn't be returned because it was "custom".

I shouldn't have strayed from the legit makers. Lesson learned for me and I hope others don't make the mistake I did.

Long story short, Jmck will make sure you get the right holster you need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

help with AIWB Carry,
    I have a JM custom AIWB carry holster for my g-19 and my g-17. I can't seem to get them comfortable. I have tried pants with bigger waists and moving the holster around. I have found that for me I just cant find/get a position that is comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    help with AIWB Carry,
    I have a JM custom AIWB carry holster for my g-19 and my g-17. I can't seem to get them comfortable. I have tried pants with bigger waists and moving the holster around. I have found that for me I just cant find/get a position that is comfortable.
    Steve, do you have a neoprene wedge or extra tuck? What loops do you have? Which design do you have?

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony,

Thanks for the reply,
    I have the soft loops on the 19 holster and the split loop on the 17. Booth holsters have neither the extra tuck or a foam wedge. if I am standing the holsters are great sitting ok, but rubs between thigh area and the nether region.

W/R
    Steve

Tony,

Thanks for the reply,
    I have the soft loops on the 19 holster and the split loop on the 17. Booth holsters have neither the extra tuck or a foam wedge. if I am standing the holsters are great sitting ok, but rubs between thigh area and the nether region.

W/R
    Steve
    Steve, try the neoprene wedge, it will raise the muzzle portion off your body and should be more comfortable and help with concealment. You have two sets of holes in the body of the holster as well and can try raising the ride height up a bit as well. Neoprene wedges go out every couple days FYI.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony,

Thanks for the reply,

W/R
    Steve
    Steve,

Tony nailed it below. Getting the hard plastic away from your body with the neoprene wedges will make a huge difference in comfort, and simultaneously point the gun away from you (good thing) and tuck the top (also a good thing). Raising it may also help comfort, although I've always carried a 19 in a 17 holster, so I can't comment about the stability of the shorter 19 holster. I prefer mine a little higher which provides additional room to get a grip, the comfort thing is a plus.

I'd also suggest small tweaks in positioning. If it's poking you in the thigh, try moving it a 1/2" or even a 1/4" towards your centerline. There is almost always that perfect spot when it comes to AIWB comfort, it's just a matter of messing with positioning until you find it.

Something few people mention when discussing comfort, is the impact our clothing choices have as well as body type. I have a lower waistline, so I have to be pretty selective about pants/jeans/shorts in terms of how low they're cut. I mean, who doesn't love a good pair of hip huggers (Luke can kill some), but we all have to make our sacrifices.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Steve, try the neoprene wedge, it will raise the muzzle portion off your body and should be more comfortable and help with concealment. You have two sets of holes in the body of the holster as well and can try raising the ride height up a bit as well. Neoprene wedges go out every couple days FYI.

Thanks

Just to add a comment to Craig's, I use the 19 holster for my 19 and 26 and it suits me fine. Unlike Craig, however, I am more high waisted and long legged. So the degree of comfort may come down to torso length (or not).

The good thing is that Tony will give you a couple of weeks to determine if the holster works for you so there's really no risk involved.

User Tag List