Page 154 of 221 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by okiwen View Post
    I appreciate the efforts taken in the review,but I do not agree. The G-Code is my favorite AIWB holster as well as many of those I work with. Thierry customer service and production may be very slow, but I love the holster and find it very concealable. I did switch to the Eclipse modal however, because I don't carry my magazine attached to the holster.

My issues with G-Code come from their poor communication. I have been trying to make a very large government purchase and it feels like I am doing all the work and the chasing.

In fairness, my opinion is not a comparison of the holsters you mentioned, but just of the G-Code itself. I do not own the Darkstar nor the JWC. I should like to consider them for the above mentioned purchase.
    I did a review on their Eclipse holster - http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/07/g-code-incog-eclipse.html

At the end of the day, as I mentioned in the reviews, there are better holsters that are cheaper and able to be obtained easier.

It is also very difficult to compare a JMCK AIWB Holster against any of the GCodes because they aren't on the same level. The GCode is made to a different, and in my opinion, much lower standard.

I touched on conceal-ability in my reviews and aside from the Eclipse, the standard Incog really struggles in this aspect. A buddy of mine used to carry his G17 in an Incog everyday but he's a much bigger guy than me, 5'10, 290. He can conceal a battle axe if he wanted to. In contrast for the average sized person the GCode isn't designed around proper concealment or comfort. The "tactical fuzz" for example is a feature that is completely unneeded, it adds nothing.

I understand there is a cult following of GCodes stuff and having personal experience with their product, their company and the way they do business I will steer very clear in the future.

Get yourself a JMCK or DarkStarGear AIWB holster. You'll instantly see the difference in quality and overall application capability of said holster.

As with anything and especially in the shooting/gun industry, when shooters make a product, then listen to their customers to refine aspects of that product to make it better, we get the best products available. Gcode doesn't do that.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 09-03-2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: esl
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    As with anything and especially in the shooting/gun industry, when shooters make a product, then listen to their customers to refine aspects of that product to make it better, we get the best products available.
    So true.

Get yourself a JMCK or DarkStarGear AIWB holster. You'll instantly see the difference in quality and overall application capability of said holster.
    Oh man, can't overstate that... seeing is believing! I have friends who about had an aneurysm when I told them how long I've waited (and, yes, what I've paid) for true purpose-built, top shelf quality holsters. JMCK holsters have worked extremely well for me over the years.

I am currently carrying in a T. Rex Arms Raptor... mainly because I wanted an RMR-capable light-bearing AIWB holster that made use of a claw to tuck in the grip and it was the first I found readily available. It was something new to try and it has worked out well over 3 months of daily carry. It also has the ability to be carried strong side by switching out for a different belt clip but I have not tried that - for me that is more of an "only if I absolutely have to" thing ;-)

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the day Dark Star offers a light-bearing AIWB holster!
    Last edited by s0nspark; 09-03-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Oh man, can't overstate that... seeing is believing! I have friends who about had an aneurysm when I told them how long I've waited (and, yes, what I've paid) for true purpose-built, top shelf quality holsters. JMCK holsters have worked extremely well for me over the years.

I am currently carrying in a T. Rex Arms Raptor... mainly because I wanted an RMR-capable light-bearing AIWB holster that made use of a claw to tuck in the grip and it was the first I found readily available. It was something new to try and it has worked out well over 3 months of daily carry. It also has the ability to be carried strong side by switching out for a different belt clip but I have not tried that - for me that is more of an "only if I absolutely have to" thing ;-)

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the day Dark Star offers a light-bearing AIWB holster!
    JM makes an AIWB holster that accepts RMR's:

The claw is neither here or there for me. I used it for a bit on the Eidolon to get some experience with it and it just doesn't do what people are saying it does, for me anyway.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm still wanting to pick up a good AIWB holster for my LCR. I have a couple of wing style holsters for other carry guns, and I've played around with adding wedges to the trigger guard area (and the muzzle area) of an el cheapo just to figure out what I like and want. Basically, I've discovered that for me, the muzzle wedge and some sort of wing really do help hide the gun's grip under pretty much anything I wear.

I've carried a J frame for a number of years, but have recently switched over to the LCR for my small revolver needs, mainly because I really like the trigger.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good AIWB holster, with a wing, for the LCR? It does have CT laser grips if that matters...

The claw is neither here or there for me. I used it for a bit on the Eidolon to get some experience with it and it just doesn't do what people are saying it does, for me anyway.
    Understood - a lot of this varies from person to person. The claw offers a noticeable improvement for me. I am carrying a CZ P-07 with an extended mag, though. It may not be as pronounced of a difference with a shorter grip/mag.
    "A man's character is his fate."

I'm sure that the gun makes a difference, but I'm also sure it depends on the individual's build. I haven't tried the JM version YET, but I do have a Zorn "Skinny Wing" for my G36 and I've tried it with and without the wing. It makes a substantial difference for me. And that gun's butt isn't all that long. Thing is, I'm of a slighter build, with a 30" waist (after a big meal) so anything that pulls that squarish butt in closer helps, and on me at least, the Zorn wing does just that.

LCR?

That'll get you killed on the streetz.

Seriously though any of the contributing kydex guys on here can probably make you one.
    VDMSR.com

Still liking the KSG holster. I haven't worn my XDS since I've had it. I should have got a wing holster a long time ago

https://imgur.com/a/AsaNC

LCR?
    Yeah, ya know, like a J frame only with a good trigger, and better sights. All three of my J frames have had the actions worked over mildly, and all three have pretty good triggers while maintaining 100% reliability. Been pretty happy with them for a good number of years. The LCR came out of the box with a better trigger than any of my Js. Mine also came from the factory with the XS standard tritium front. All things considered, I feel that I shoot it a bit better too.

User Tag List