Page 153 of 221 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    I'm new to the forum and to AIWB carry. I'm thinking of trying a GCode Haley Incog holster as it can be moved from strong side to appendix easily. The cost is also reasonable.

Any feedback on this holster? Good/bad?

I'd just buy a dedicated holster for each role. Much more comfortable.
    #RESIST

I'm new to the forum and to AIWB carry. I'm thinking of trying a GCode Haley Incog holster as it can be moved from strong side to appendix easily. The cost is also reasonable.

I agree with what everyone has already said.

What gun you got? Glock 9mm?

Buy a JM custom kydex quick ship or if you are cool with waiting, buy any of the quality makers that know AIWB. JM custom, JRC custom leather, CCC, spencer keepers, dark star gear, 5 shot, Raven vg2(think it is good to have one on hand for a glock even if not your primary holster.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Please don't. It just isn't a good holster.

IMO, there are only 3 holster designs I've seen recently that transition well between strong side and AIWB roles:

RCS Eidolon. If you carry a Glock, just buy this thing.

DarkStar Gear's newly redesigned clip holster, with removable wing option.

JMCK Universal.

There are probably a couple others out there. But, all three of the above are serious pieces of gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I agree with what everyone has already said.

What gun you got? Glock 9mm?

Buy a JM custom kydex quick ship or if you are cool with waiting, buy any of the quality makers that know AIWB. JM custom, JRC custom leather, CCC, spencer keepers, dark star gear, 5 shot, Raven vg2(think it is good to have one on hand for a glock even if not your primary holster.
    Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear.
    I was thinking of using it for a G19 and another for a USP. I've heard good things about Dark Star and Eidolon.
    I read a review on the web about the Incog. It's main criticism was it was bulky, iffy retention and had areas where you can snag clothing. I checked out Dark Star and it just looks like any other Kydex holster. The Raven Eidolon is pricey. I'll do more research but thanks for the help!

I did two reviews...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/02/g-code-...incog-iwb.html

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/02/g-code-...incog-iwb.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

HaHAHA!!
    Yours was the review(s) I read!! Small world!

I checked out Dark Star and it just looks like any other Kydex holster. The Raven Eidolon is pricey. I'll do more research but thanks for the help!

Which one?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

The Raven Eidolon is pricey. I'll do more research but thanks for the help!
    Just a heads up, a quality aiwb holster or any quality holster for that matter I would expect to spend at least $100 on, unless you buy used.

An effective, quality holster does not come cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bornandraisedlv; 09-02-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive
    I checked out Dark Star and it just looks like any other Kydex holster.
    Dark Star Gear Holsters are anything but "any other Kydex holster" I doubt if any other maker(my self included) puts as much thought and effort into their holsters as Tom.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 09-02-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Ok, sounds like Dark Star it is! AIWB is new to me. I'm used to OWB carry so please forgive my ignorance. I'll check them out! Thanks guys!

Opinions, like bellybuttons...

I appreciate the efforts taken in the review,but I do not agree. The G-Code is my favorite AIWB holster as well as many of those I work with. Thierry customer service and production may be very slow, but I love the holster and find it very concealable. I did switch to the Eclipse modal however, because I don't carry my magazine attached to the holster.

My issues with G-Code come from their poor communication. I have been trying to make a very large government purchase and it feels like I am doing all the work and the chasing.

In fairness, my opinion is not a comparison of the holsters you mentioned, but just of the G-Code itself. I do not own the Darkstar nor the JWC. I should like to consider them for the above mentioned purchase.
    Last edited by okiwen; 09-03-2016 at 07:07 AM.

User Tag List