Page 152 of 221 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Ok, so here goes my stupid question of the day. Last week I bought a used CCC Shaggy from someone on another board to try my hand at AIWB. Got it today and I feel like the spacers on the screws are on the wrong side. Should they be between the holster and the clip or on the outside of the clip in between the screws (the way I received it)? I moved them back in between the holster and the clip and it seems to make much more sense to me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Ok, so here goes my stupid question of the day. Last week I bought a used CCC Shaggy from someone on another board to try my hand at AIWB. Got it today and I feel like the spacers on the screws are on the wrong side. Should they be between the holster and the clip or on the outside of the clip in between the screws (the way I received it)? I moved them back in between the holster and the clip and it seems to make much more sense to me that way.
    Pic linked from Pistol-Training.com
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Thanks Jody! That's what I thought too but the way I received it I thought maybe someone was smarter than I.

Jody, rockin' the old school "Gen 1" Shaggy!!!

I'm surprised at how many times I've seen people put the spacers inside when changing loops. I thought it pretty self explanatory. I suppose there may be instances when the user would want the loop tight to holster but I can picture one.

BTW, I am now using two small round nylon spacers rather than the one longer Kydex spacer. Just and FYI.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 08-23-2016 at 06:51 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

So this may be out of left field but I seem to have a slight drool for leather. I have had a recent attraction to "tucking wings". So saying that I have looked at the DGL AIWB#4 R/C (reverse cant) and the 5 Shot Leather SME. They seem very similar so I wanted to see what the general consciences on them. I saw that Craig douglas uses the DGL (South Narc) but I wanted more data before droppin the preverbal cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    So this may be out of left field but I seem to have a slight drool for leather. I have had a recent attraction to "tucking wings". So saying that I have looked at the DGL AIWB#4 R/C (reverse cant) and the 5 Shot Leather SME. They seem very similar so I wanted to see what the general consciences on them. I saw that Craig douglas uses the DGL (South Narc) but I wanted more data before droppin the preverbal cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no experience with either and honestly unless a used one comes up I probably won't (both have rather long lead times), but I wouldn't discount the JRC AIWB-CDA II. I find that it conceals and wears very much like a wing holster, though the belt loop is offset from the gun. Concealment for me is better than the Eidolon I was previously using, except the CDA II allows for (and honestly is more comfortable with) a higher ride height.

I'm new to the forum and to AIWB carry. I'm thinking of trying a GCode Haley Incog holster as it can be moved from strong side to appendix easily. The cost is also reasonable.

Any feedback on this holster? Good/bad?

Last edited by orionz06; 09-01-2016 at 11:05 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    I'm new to the forum and to AIWB carry. I'm thinking of trying a GCode Haley Incog holster as it can be moved from strong side to appendix easily. The cost is also reasonable.

Any feedback on this holster? Good/bad?
    Please don't. It just isn't a good holster.

IMO, there are only 3 holster designs I've seen recently that transition well between strong side and AIWB roles:

RCS Eidolon. If you carry a Glock, just buy this thing.

DarkStar Gear's newly redesigned clip holster, with removable wing option.

JMCK Universal.

There are probably a couple others out there. But, all three of the above are serious pieces of gear.

User Tag List