Page 151 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I can though the mold may be an issue with the cylinder as I understand the various sizes aren't the same shape and compatibility isn't the same as the J-frame is.
    Yes, the .38 and .357 cylinders do have a different shape, with the .38 having more "fluting". Didn't know if you had the "blue guns" for the LCR or not, but I'd assume that for the LCRs one would need molds for both models. At least for detail molding of the cylinder, although, and while I'm not well versed in your craft, I'd assume that it would be possible to block it out some way where the cylinder area wasn't detail molded and just had a more cylindrical shape since I assume that the TG area is where the retention takes place... HA! Is that enough assumptions from someone that doesn't know squat!?

Just a thought... Two of my most common EDC guns have been J frames for a number of years (they're just so damn easy to carry!) but I just recently picked up a .38 LCR and have found that I prefer it to my J frames (trigger and sights mainly). Enough so that I'll probably add a .357 version at some point... I only mention that because I'd actually prefer a holster that WASN'T detail molded in the cylinder area so that it could work equally with both calibers.

I can't speak to the .327 cylinder, but I'd assume (yeah, there I go again!) that the .38 and .357 are the most common carry options in the LCR line. Oh, and I have the CT LGs installed as well so a cut to accommodate them would be a good idea too if you ever decide to pursue holsters for these guns...
    Last edited by Imaposer2; 08-15-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    There are pics on Dark Star's page, I can take pics but don't have a place to host them online. Mine is just like the one on the website except it has a belt loop instead of the clip.

Arc'Teryx conveyor belt came in. Is good belt. Just need to see how I feel about it as a gunbelt since it's easy to roll. While I definitely wouldn't OWB with this thing, initial impressions are promising for adequate usage A/IWB.

Speaking of belts, I got a volund gear works atlas slim and it just hasn't worked for me so far. It's more comfortable but seems to print more. Also, my waist size required me to get a large but I have to tighten it all the way and can't adjust it anymore. I think if the belt was shorter it would help with adjustment but the g hook is a pain to me. I'm still on the search for a perfect belt. I've been rocking a leather belt from wal mart. $12 and pretty dang stiff right now. If I end up liking it I'll look into leather gun belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Speaking of belts, I got a volund gear works atlas slim and it just hasn't worked for me so far. It's more comfortable but seems to print more. Also, my waist size required me to get a large but I have to tighten it all the way and can't adjust it anymore. I think if the belt was shorter it would help with adjustment but the g hook is a pain to me. I'm still on the search for a perfect belt. I've been rocking a leather belt from wal mart. $12 and pretty dang stiff right now. If I end up liking it I'll look into leather gun belts.

saddle back leather makes great belts. I have the 3 stitch and am a big fan of a good leather belt for ccw now..

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post

I really like my Atlas Slim for Aiwb, not so much for iwb. On the flip side, love my Ackerman Gunleather belt for iwb, but it's not good at all for aiwb. Not enough adjustment and the buckle makes the tail before it gets looped in stick out to far.

I just received my Nexbelt "gunbelt" a few days ago. I decided to give it a shot due to the low profile buckle and "casual belt" look. Haven't put a lot of mileage on it yet, but so far, so good, after just a few days of use. It isn't overly stiff so hopefully it'll work well for AIWB. Definitely not an OWB belt though. It looks like a standard casual belt so can be worn with whatever, without looking out of place, even when not carrying. I really do like the low profile buckle as it keeps the front flat and doesn't print like a lot of other gun belts with the bulky fastening systems. And I really like the 1/4" increment adjustment capability. Easy to put on and take off... No removing and reinstalling buckles and all that shit just to put on a belt... and the buckle is quick and simple to operate and get the tension just right. Only time will tell how well it'll hold up, but if it stays as it is for a reasonable period I'll be happy with it.

Just sent my Wilderness instructor back to them for a renew on the velcro!
    No charge, just the shipping.
    I've owned this one since they were introduced, a 5 stitch.... Still working perfectly!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Just sent my Wilderness instructor back to them for a renew on the velcro!
    No charge, just the shipping.
    You can do that? I've been whining about my frizzed velcro for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    You can do that? I've been whining about my frizzed velcro for no reason?
    Yup.
    Go to the belt page and click on the refurb header
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List