Page 139 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

To add to what Tam said, they are also not extra parts if they are essential to getting the job done. The job is performance. Not just comfortable concealed carry.

I think the MTG stuff looks really nice, and would love a multicam wrapped concealment holster to match my multicam wrapped ALS. It's just that i know what I need to perform at my highest level.

Luke,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have inserted some images to show the difference. Our IWB holster can be found here https://megiddotacticalgroup.com/product/mtg-iwb-holster/ and the AIWB is here https://megiddotacticalgroup.com/pro...endix-holster/

I understand there is a ton of very crappy kydex out there so please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to explain that we are not in that league as most.

Our MTG IWB Holster:
    Notice it features a body side sweat guard and we have two one way soft loops designed by Dave and produced by Krounds.

Name:  MTG IWB Concealment Holster.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  28.7 KB

Our AIWB:
    It has a full sweat guard around both sides but low enough not to pinch. It features Cordura® fabric to eliminate hot spots and provide stability (Believe me its amazing) The soft loop again is one of Dave's designs. I guess my point is that there is a lot of thought and field testing that has gone into he holster and it wasn't just speed together.
    Name:  Best Holster for Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  101.1 KB
    Our MTG Tuckable:
    Worn at the 4 o'clock https://megiddotacticalgroup.com/pro...kable-holster/
    Name:  MTG IWB Tuckable Holster.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  25.5 KB

We also use special injection moulded belt loops that are also Dave's design.
    Name:  MTG DMP concealment double mag pouch.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  25.3 KB

Hope that helps
    - Will
    Last edited by MTGholsters; 06-27-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Fair enough. But, I guess my point is not everyone is the same and there are different holsters for different people/scenarios. Holsters are not a one size fits all.

In response to:
    "To add to what Tam said, they are also not extra parts if they are essential to getting the job done. The job is performance. Not just comfortable concealed carry.

I think the MTG stuff looks really nice, and would love a multicam wrapped concealment holster to match my multicam wrapped ALS. It's just that i know what I need to perform at my highest level."
    Last edited by MTGholsters; 06-27-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MTGholsters View Post
    Fair enough. But, I guess my point is not everyone is the same and there are different holsters for different people/scenarios. Holsters are not a one size fits all.
    "
    That is definitely true, and everyone here knows all too well. especially AIWB.

The difference is, no one who conceals at a very high level and shoots at a very high level, is still using low riding holsters. To quote Pat, "Learning has occurred."

What is your draw time to a 3X5 at 7 yards from concealment with your rig?

What is your FAST time?

What is your draw to an A zone or a down zero at 7 yards from concealment?

These are pretty meaningless measures, but they will give us a good idea of your frame of reference.
    Last edited by SLG; 06-27-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Sorta My Lane So .......

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I definitely recommend the JM Custom Kydex George...

I'm 5'10", 135lbs, 31" waist, and I can conceal my SigPro quite well. My main issue is the length of the grip, but a g19 is a bit shorter.
    Pear like Jac above I concur on a JMCK George. Sim. in size to him (5'10" 155lbs 32" waist) & sorta sim to you, I carried a G19 in a JMCK IWB gen3 @ 4:30, from 2011 (my 1st JM) until late 2013 when I went to an M&P Core (w/ an RMR) in the same spot & in a JM IWB. Went AIWB w/ a George for a Shield (w/ a DP dot) in late 2014 w/ ZERO complaints, & the angled SMP's Tony has also work great w/ AIWB IMO. When traveling I still carry the CORE in yet another JM AIWB, even do some wheel gun training w/ an S&W mdl. 13 in a JM AIWB rig.

Sorry for the book, PM me for pics. or if I can assist further, as Clint Smith told me back in the mid 90s, us hummingbird ass cats gotta look out for each other.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-27-2016 at 10:08 PM.

To be honest I qualify at an expert plus level consistently and that is a LE timed course of fire while wearing body armor etc. For me, concealment is the most important as well s comfort while in a vehicle for long periods of time. I am also focused on weapon retention in less than lethal use of force situations so having a high ride AIWB holster is not something I personally want. There is a time and place for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    That is definitely true, and everyone here knows all too well. especially AIWB.

The difference is, no one who conceals at a very high level and shoots at a very high level, is still using low riding holsters. To quote Pat, "Learning has occurred."

What is your draw time to a 3X5 at 7 yards from concealment with your rig?

What is your FAST time?

What is your draw to an A zone or a down zero at 7 yards from concealment?

These are pretty meaningless measures, but they will give us a good idea of your frame of reference.

I am also focused on weapon retention in less than lethal use of force situations so having a high ride AIWB holster is not something I personally want. There is a time and place for everything.
    And we're not?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    And we're not?
    Jeez..... no I'm speaking for myself.

What does ride height have to do with weapon retention?

To be honest I qualify at an expert plus level consistently and that is a LE timed course of fire while wearing body armor etc. For me, concealment is the most important as well s comfort while in a vehicle for long periods of time. I am also focused on weapon retention in less than lethal use of force situations so having a high ride AIWB holster is not something I personally want. There is a time and place for everything.
    You seem like a good dude, and I prefer not to argue with anyone these days, especially not LE site supporters, for a whole variety of reasons.

I do think you are missing the point here though. I might suggest reading a bunch of back posts to see where this community is at.

Qualifying expert on an LE or military course of fire means nothing to most of us. It's kind of like saying you can best all 2nd graders in the land...:-) No offense, as I have to run a course of fire for some guys tomorrow who want to become firearms instructors. They're like 3rd graders, if you will.

I've had to retain my weapon in a fight on duty. It's more than a passing interest of mine. Weapon retention comes from a lot of factors, and ride height is one of them. It usually has more to do with passive protection, rather than actively defeating a gun grab though.

I would suggest trying the drills I listed and seeing what your honest times are. Then look into a class like ECQC, or something similar, where people are trying to take your gun.

User Tag List