Page 138 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    A real appendix holster is the ticket.
    It's like every kydex bender on the planet is calling their straight-drop IWBs "Appendix Carry" holsters now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's like every kydex bender on the planet is calling their straight-drop IWBs "Appendix Carry" holsters now.
    It's been that way for a while now it's just not been here until recent.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I definitely recommend the JM Custom Kydex George...

I'm 5'10", 135lbs, 31" waist, and I can conceal my SigPro quite well. My main issue is the length of the grip, but a g19 is a bit shorter.
    Thanks for the suggestion. In reference to the grip length, I'm leaning more towards the glock 26 for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    You need a purpose built appendix holster. Meaning it needs a grip wedge and probably a muzzle wedge as well. Jm, dark star, keepers concealment are three of the most popular and sought after for a reason.

I tried to go the cheap route for a long time. It didn't work.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm leaning towards jm custom due to me already owning one of their holsters. Any suggestion for the George vs the regular aiwb?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Without knowing how much experience you have, I'd be hesitant to recommend AIWB, especially with a striker fired gun. I've been carrying for the better part of 15 years and only been carrying AIWB in the last year, and that's with hammer fired guns. With that said, if you're at a stage where you feel you're prepared to carry in this manner, I'd look at a JM Custom AIWB holster. You already have experience with one of his holsters, and it doesn't take much searching of this thread to see they're highly recommended by a lot of folks on here. I would stick with a holster maker with a known reputation for truly understanding and building top notch AIWB holsters. Our very own orionz06 of Dark Star Gear, Rich at Custom Carry Concepts, or Spencer Keepers of Keepers Concealment also produce quality purpose built AIWB holsters. They don't just slap an A in front of the IWB and call it AIWB.
    I appreciate the concern. Currently a full time Leo and haven't considered aiwb with a striker fired gun until I knew the gadget was closer to being released. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a striker gun aiwb without the gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    A real appendix holster is the ticket.
    Thanks for the reply. Any suggestion to which one of your holsters you would recommend given my size and the gun I'm wanting to carry?

Hey guys,
    So, first I want to say that Im fairly new to the forum environment in general and so forgive me if I come across as a newb. I have been watching the comments and learning a lot. As an end user (plain clothes LE) my approach has always been based on what works and minimalism in my kit. The same approach was taken when designing our AIWB holster which doesn't have any bells and whistles. So, Im seeing a lot of comments about "Purpose built" etc and in all honest I didn't understand what you guys meant until after reviewing this thread. I'm assuming it means the extra claw and wedge type items. If that is the case then I imagine those doo dads have their place and it may depend on your body composition etc. as to whether that is necessary or not. I for one like to have as little bulk competing with the boys down there as possible. With that said, to each his own but I would caution against writing anyone off solely based on the lack of extra parts.

Also, one of the reasons we joined and subsequently sponsored this forum is to spread the word and build a reputable name. I have an amazing craftsman building holsters for MTG (over 17 years experience) and our biggest struggle will be build a positive and reputable reputation as a brand. We look forward to serving you guys (at least the ones willing to give us a shot) and Im pretty confident some of you will come around after trying us out!

- Will
    Last edited by MTGholsters; 06-27-2016 at 08:13 PM.

But what makes yours built for appendix and not just an IWB? JM makes AIWB that pull the but of the gun into you to minimize printing. He does this without foam and claws and doo dads.. He does offer the other stuff too though. Your holster doesn't look to offer anything more than a normal IWB. I think that's what people keep saying. You look to make some quality gear.. Just not AIWB specific.
    Last edited by Luke; 06-27-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I'm leaning towards jm custom due to me already owning one of their holsters. Any suggestion for the George vs the regular aiwb?
    I haven't tried out the George. I'm a little larger framed than you and the normal works fine for me. From what I understand the George isn't as bulky and will probably work better for you. If you have a chest it helps to conceal it.

When I tried holsters without a grip tuck feature the bottom of the magazine would stick out like a sore thumb. I carry a g19 and it doesn't print much at all. I'm paranoid about printing. I have personally tried a ccc and the jm. I am currently using the jm because it has a few more features (kydex protecting the sights and the foam wedge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGholsters View Post
    So, Im seeing a lot of comments about "Purpose built" etc and in all honest I didn't understand what you guys meant until after reviewing this thread. I'm assuming it means the extra claw and wedge type items. If that is the case then I imagine those doo dads have their place and it may depend on your body composition etc. as to whether that is necessary or not. I for one like to have as little bulk competing with the boys down there as possible. With that said, to each his own but I would caution against writing anyone off solely based on the lack of extra parts.
    It's not necessarily extra parts, though. Look at a holster like the CCC Shaggy. Nothing bolted on there.

Name:  ppx shaggy 2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  77.8 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-27-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List