Page 130 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I need recommendations for a new belt. Currently have a wilderness tactical and wear it with the Buckle part on my hip (9 o clock). It's been hitting stuff a lot lately. Any recommendations on a belt specific for appendix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about a larger Wilderness belt?

My waist size is 36 (without G19 in AIWB), I basically use a XL sized Wilderness and get to have the buckle in the normal 12 o'clock spot, and get to have the holster over the stiffened part of the belt (12:30 to 1 o'clock).
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 06-02-2016 at 01:17 PM.

I need recommendations for a new belt. Currently have a wilderness tactical and wear it with the Buckle part on my hip (9 o clock). It's been hitting stuff a lot lately. Any recommendations on a belt specific for appendix?
    I don't have any experience with it, but I think Crossbreed made a leather (or leather-looking) "instructor belt" with velcro only as the closure. Maybe something like that is worth looking into?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How about a larger Wilderness belt?

My waist size is 36 (without G19 in AIWB), I basically use a XL sized Wilderness and get to have the buckle in the normal 12 o'clock spot, and get to have the holster over the stiffened part of the belt (12:30 to 1 o'clock).
    I move the Buckle to the side because it seems to print too much if I keep it up front. I'm looking for a lower profile belt. There may not be such a thing.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I don't have any experience with it, but I think Crossbreed made a leather (or leather-looking) "instructor belt" with velcro only as the closure. Maybe something like that is worth looking into?
    Thanks I will look into them.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I move the Buckle to the side because it seems to print too much if I keep it up front. I'm looking for a lower profile belt. There may not be such a thing.

I use a wilderness everyday with the buckle in front, and find it to work well. Obviously you do not.:-) I don't really like them, but the old Liger belts are the lowest profile gun belts I have ever seen.

Site Supporter
    IMHO and experience, the Frequent Flyer Wilderness belt prints less than the Instuctor model, be it buckled at 12 or at either side.
    I fully concur with SLG re the Liger belt being extremely low profile. I own 2 and should have bought a 3rd back when the had a larger variety of color and buckle combinations.

I can understand that, though since you say "it seems" you might want to have someone confirm that. It's easy to get a little too "paranoid" about printing sometimes :-).

I'm like SLG, it doesn't print enough on me to matter.

As VCDgrips pointed out, the Frequent Flyer are slimmer.

Wasn't there a thread many moons ago about some belt without any buckle?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I can understand that, though since you say "it seems" you might want to have someone confirm that. It's easy to get a little too "paranoid" about printing sometimes :-).

I'm like SLG, it doesn't print enough on me to matter.

As VCDgrips pointed out, the Frequent Flyer are slimmer.

Wasn't there a thread many moons ago about some belt without any buckle?
    I should have clarified that I am using a FF belt now as well. I don't notice it being lower profile than my Ti buckle, but maybe it is. Eíther way, I love it for aiwb and CP carry.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...hook-belt.html

This is an outstanding option for a low profile belt. I wear it every day and it excels at AIWB carry. It really reduces the bulge you get from a belt with more traditional buckle.

I've used both the standard thickness Volund Gearworks Atlas and their Atlas 'Slim'.

The 'Slim' for AIWB works best for me. The give/sag of the belt makes AIWB comfortable without being sloppy or unstable. I used to think thick, stupid-stiff was what I wanted for AIWB. I was wrong. Much more concealable and comfortable with a more forgiving belt on me.

The G Hook is quite low profile as well.

Worth a look.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...belt-slim.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List