Page 13 of 221 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    1. It's easier to offset the buckle.
    2. They are adjustable in basically infinitely small increments.
    This. Plus they tend to be properly stiff while maintaining comfort, and they are fairly inexpensive compared to higher end "gun" belts.

My belt buckle is just forward of 9 o'clock.

If you've had an appendectomy, is it still considered appendix carry?

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    If you've had an appendectomy, is it still considered appendix carry?
    on that note if your left handed is it still considered appendix carry?

Great forum by the way. I've been reading for several months now, and decided to join in on the conversation.

I started experimenting with appendix carry about 3 years ago. I started with small guns and then worked my way up to full size ones. I've tried Comp-Tac 2'oclock, MTAC Neutral Cant, BladeTech neutral cant, Dale Fricke Ehub, Joab, and have finally settled on his Archangel. I have two of them. One for my Glock 17 and 26, and one for my Government and Commander 1911s. I have several behind the hip style holsters, but I never wear them anymore. For me the Archangel is very comfortable, and works well for me. Being Kydex, it keeps this Georgia heat from turning my guns into rust buckets. I can wear them all day and night in total comfort. I do have to clarify from my experience with AIWB. At first, placing a Kydex holster at 1:30 was not very comfy. It took my body about a week to get use to a holster in that position, so don't expect AIWB to be comfortable at first. Now, I don't even notice.

The hardest part about Appendix carry is wearing it with business clothing, like a suit or with a Sport coat. It is real easy to do casually though.

Last edited by tmoore912; 03-18-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

That goes to show you how differant holsters work better for some folks and not others. Can't speak to the Archangel but I found that the Joab didn't conceal for me at all. However, the Shaggy and Raven's ACR worked well.

IMO, AIWB may be the most dependent on body type and holster placement of any of the carry positions.

Believe it or not, I've found that the Blackhawk CQC leather IWB works very well for AIWB.
    I originally picked it up as a temporary carry holster while I waited on my higher end holsters to come in.
    I use it quite a bit with certain pants that don't fit my Archangel's loop spacing.
    It's not pretty and it would not hold up to several years worth of daily carry, but it's inexpensive and works well enough for occasional carry.

That Blackhawk holster looks pretty good, and yet I'm thinking that its cant would be better suited for 2:30-4:30 wear and that it would be an issue for AIWB. (Perhaps it's adjustable and I just didn't know it...?)

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    That Blackhawk holster looks pretty good, and yet I'm thinking that its cant would be better suited for 2:30-4:30 wear and that it would be an issue for AIWB. (Perhaps it's adjustable and I just didn't know it...?)
    Adjustable 360 degrees.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    The cant is fully adjustable.
    There is velcro between the belt loop and the holster body, along with a "Chicago screw" that secures the belt loop.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Great forum by the way. I've been reading for several months now, and decided to join in on the conversation.

I started experimenting with appendix carry about 3 years ago. I started with small guns and then worked my way up to full size ones. I've tried Comp-Tac 2'oclock, MTAC Neutral Cant, BladeTech neutral cant, Dale Fricke Ehub, Joab, and have finally settled on his Archangel. I have two of them. One for my Glock 17 and 26, and one for my Government and Commander 1911s. I have several behind the hip style holsters, but I never wear them anymore. For me the Archangel is very comfortable, and works well for me. Being Kydex, it keeps this Georgia heat from turning my guns into rust buckets. I can wear them all day and night in total comfort. I do have to clarify from my experience with AIWB. At first, placing a Kydex holster at 1:30 was not very comfy. It took my body about a week to get use to a holster in that position, so don't expect AIWB to be comfortable at first. Now, I don't even notice.

The hardest part about Appendix carry is wearing it with business clothing, like a suit or with a Sport coat. It is real easy to do casually though.

I've been using a JOAB for a G19 and I just ordered a Archangel from Dale last week. From the picture you posted your belt appears to be a 1.5inch. I'm using a Wilderness Instructor five stitch belt in 1.5 inch. I find the G19 seems to tuck better than the G26. My question is have you tried a wider belt with success? I asked Dale to swap out the straps on the Archangel to 1.5inch which he did. I should have the holster next week but I wonder if the 1.75 inch belt with the proper straps might be a better option?

User Tag List