Page 129 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Go JMCK I had him make me an AIWB holster with a wing for tucking the grip to keep the holster super thin and still tuck the grip. That and a wedge and I couldn't be happier. There are pictures of it on here somewhere. I think it's the JMCK AWIB thread.
    Jay, what's your body build? And how are you liking that wing? I am definitely going JMCK just trying to make up my mind which direction to go.

Quote Originally Posted by James_f View Post
    Hey Tony, does the IWB universal have any grip tuck in it? I was considering universal plus foam pad for a VP9 and PPS M2 vs George and Foam pad.
    James, the universal is minimal tuck, the george is a little more. The neoprene pad is the key to success in my opinion.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by James_f View Post
    Hey Tony, does the IWB universal have any grip tuck in it? I was considering universal plus foam pad for a VP9 and PPS M2 vs George and Foam pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    James, the universal is minimal tuck, the george is a little more. The neoprene pad is the key to success in my opinion.
    Agreed. I put some velcro and experimented with various neoprene pads on my universal (glock 43) to find the perfect about of tuck. The added comfort is a bonus.

Here in a few days, my order from SGUSA will be here. I got the AIWB holster, 3 mag carrier, 2 mag AIWB carrier, accessory gift pack so I could have the second clip kit for the holster and other clips/parts to experiment with ( I already have some type 3 uticlips [straight with 2 holes and a slot]I may try on them), and their tactical flashlight. All will be used for a mod.2 .45.

I'll be glad to give my thoughts, just ask.

BTW my preference mode of carry is in a holster shirt with one in the pipe. Now before anyone blows a gasket, in that holster shirt is a homemade kydex holsterthat is tied to my belt by paracord thru a grommet I put in the shirt. My .45 absolutely dissappears, as well as the 3 full mags in the opposite side. This method is the most secure so far (for me), especially if you carry places (work) where DEEP concealment is the main issue. With that being said, this method is also HORRIBLY slow!

Speed was a major concern for me, so I tried Mexican carry, & f**king loved it! Now let me explain my version of Mexican carry before that gasket starts getting nervous again. I use a Mic holster trigger guard with a clip draw / and or a techna clip (yes I have both on my pistol) attached by paracord, and one in the pipe.

Why no hip carry? I broke my back 20 yrs ago and I can't reach back there fast enough for any kind acceptable drawing speed. The gun weight would also be bad back there as well.

I also have to wear 2 point suspenders to keep any kind of weight off of my lower back, L1-L4 were snapped off. The suspenders are Spec-ops combat suspenders, cannot recommend them enough. All of this is attached to a steel core Acker leather gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Agree, the neoprene pad is puts this AIWB setup in the "this is awesome" territory.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraisedlv View Post
    Jay, what's your body build? And how are you liking that wing? I am definitely going JMCK just trying to make up my mind which direction to go.
    5"10' 175#

Got my stealthgearusa holsters on Saturday. I'm wearing all three now, triple mag carrier, appendix double mag carrier, and appendix holster for my mod.2 .45. Conceals very well, and the feel is fantastic! The best way to describe the feel is, jam a pillow down your pants and remove the bulk but leave the comfort!
    Last edited by VW.45; 05-24-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Another excellent video by Chris.

Great video!

I need recommendations for a new belt. Currently have a wilderness tactical and wear it with the Buckle part on my hip (9 o clock). It's been hitting stuff a lot lately. Any recommendations on a belt specific for appendix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List