Page 127 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I've been wearing the 5-Shot SME for, I dunno, a few years. Wore the G19-sized Shaggy before that and love it. My Keeper used to see regular rotation because it conceals the G17 slightly better than the SME, but I haven't worn my wife beater and daisy dukes for some time now and the SME does just fine under a normal-fitting t shirt. The SME is my favorite combination of fast, comfortable and concealable.

My JRC AIWB is another leather favorite. It comes out whenever I have to tuck. It's also just a work of art in horse hide.
    Thanks, I'll check them out.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I've been using my Shaggy now for close to a year, without issue.
    I'ts a secure, strong holster, but to use it as a 'tuck' requires the additional plate, which adds to bulk at the waistband.
    Is there another, very similar to the shaggy, but without the plates and such?
    Also, are there any following this thread that wear leather appendix????

If so, which?

Thanks in advance.
    There are a few ways to rotate the grip inward. The Shaggy uses a belt wedge that can be bulky. The 5Shot SME has a wing that does the same, the claws that are popular are essentially the same as a wing just shorter. There are longer holsters and then there are muzzle wedges.

The Gestalt might be something to look at.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I EDC a G17, so I have the 'longer holster', and between the 'wedge' that's molded, and I've been 'Gellin', it rotates inward nicely, and hides well.
    Wha I am referring to is the ability to "tuck" a shirt and hide the holster.
    Thru Rich @ CCC, I purchased his adapter plate with the 'extra tuck', which pulls the butt it nice and tight, but then creates alot of kydex at the waistband.
    I'm going to email him and see if he can offer a 'strut' if you will, like this,
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGDSUHQ/...YJ70OVV3&psc=1
    I could just purchase those, but wanted to hear his recommendations.
    Other than that, the "shaggy" is close to perfect as my EDC holster.
    The reason for the leather question was just to see what was out there, and how folks liked it compared to kydex.

Thanks!

Thanks to my car having huge side bolsters in the seats anything other than appendix is insanely uncomfortable, and I couldn't get appendix to work at all outside of sitting in the car. Well, a big thank you to this forum for pointing me (even if you didn't know it) in the direction of JM Custom Kydex. I've been carrying a P-09 for the past week or so, comfortably.

CSW,
    From what I've gathered from your posts, the shaggy is "OK" but a little bulky on the belt line with the tuckable adapter. Right?

If so, the Gestalt(uses the same plate sans built in wedge), which is inherently tuckable should do the trick for you. You may need the extended tab and/or the foam attachment, but it should be configurable to conceal well with less colostomy bag effect.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    CSW,
    From what I've gathered from your posts, the shaggy is "OK" but a little bulky on the belt line with the tuckable adapter. Right?

If so, the Gestalt(uses the same plate sans built in wedge), which is inherently tuckable should do the trick for you. You may need the extended tab and/or the foam attachment, but it should be configurable to conceal well with less colostomy bag effect.
    Thanks Rich:

actually, the shaggy is working fine, I was just wanting to make it tuckable without the adapter plate, if there was even a way?
    It hides fine/perfect!!!! without the plate, but then is not tuckable.
    Just trying to make this great holster tuckable, without the plate. The wedge, and foam are working perfect.

To all you big guys that say you can't conceal: here is a 10 year old boy concealing a 4 inch K-Frame in a CCC VersaClip with a soft loop.

Name:  IMG_0887.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0888.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  48.7 KB

6 years later and still AIWB'ing. It's my current go-to everyday setup unless I'm wearing a tucked in shirt (business casual, business, ect). Still a big fan of Custom Carry Concepts.

Honestly, I haven't found a tuckable belt holster to be very effective with a full sized gun like the P2000 or P229. It simply just prints too much. If it's used as a backup to your primary concealment, then something like the Gestalt should work fine (ex: wearing a tucked in shirt with a jacket as your primary concealment, and you just want to tuck around the gun incase the wind blows your jacket up).

If true concealment with at tucked in shirt and fullsize gun is desired, I'd take a look at the Racaza 5.0 that has a thread. I guess it's not technically AIWB, but it's basically the same position as far as draw stroke goes. I got one to try out, and I see it filling that niche for me that I've struggled to find an acceptable option for over the last 6 years. Even with its draw backs, I feel it's a much better option than resorting to pocket carry.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-08-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Just placed an order with JR Custom for a AIWB CDA II. Mr. Ryan seems like a great guy to deal with. Now the wait begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    To all you big guys that say you can't conceal: here is a 10 year old boy concealing a 4 inch K-Frame in a CCC VersaClip with a soft loop.

Name:  IMG_0887.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0888.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  48.7 KB
    Now let's see him tie his shoes
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List