Page 126 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...-magazine.html

More so than anything else, the bottom edge and front lip of the magazine floorplate
    I hate all of those with an intense passion. Get out your sanding drums!

If you haven't yet, I seriously suggest trying a few different stiffness belts. A small variation in the way the belt conforms to you can have a big impact on the way the wedge features work for you. For me, a little softer belt works better with service sized guns, while a stiff belt works best with thin gun like a PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Mine took 8, but it's worth it. Been wearing it constantly since it got here.
    I hear you. My first one took 8 and my second one took 9. I love JM's work but I needed something for a 642 now so I went with a BT Klipt. It's a J-Frame so nothing extraordinary is needed to help conceal it. If I could of had a JM in a week I would of went with that but unfortunately that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I hear you. My first one took 8 and my second one took 9. I love JM's work but I needed something for a 642 now so I went with a BT Klipt. It's a J-Frame so nothing extraordinary is needed to help conceal it. If I could of had a JM in a week I would of went with that but unfortunately that is not the case.
    Funny, I was just looking at the Klipt for AIWB use with a 642. How did the Klipt work out for you?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I just received a JMCK "George" for my SP2022 a couple days ago. This is my first foray into AIWB carry. In case it makes a difference, I'm about 5'10", 170 lbs.

When I first threw it on I was pretty dismayed at how bad it printed, thinking my experiment was a failure from the beginning. But I remembered reading something on this forum about gel shoe inserts so I picked up a couple from walgreens, duct taped them to the holster (is "ghetto-rigging" okay to say in 2016?) and it helped substantially. In hindsight I should've gone for either the extra-tuck option or the foam wedge as was recommended. Now it works pretty well in a loose-ish fitting shirt but I still notice the sharp edge of the pinky extension on the magazine. Might just dremel it off, it's pointless anyhow.

Also this configuration is really comfortable for me, even seated. Just got to work on practicing a completely different draw now.
    I am almost exactly the same size as you. Been using a JM AIWB holster for a P30 for several years. For me, the wedge built in under the belt clips is the crucial part that keeps the gun from printing, not the wedge at the bottom. I have no problems with printing, even with a fairly fitted t shirt. I don't think the George has nearly as much wedge at the top. Just a thought.

Good to know, I might try the regular AIWB next. My current combination is SO close to working 100% that I'll keep it. Also even though the P30 is larger than my SigPro I can see it being easier to conceal due to the shape of the grip; fewer distinct edges, more round-ish overall. My PPQ conceals better in the same holster than the 'pro for that reason. Too bad carrying the PPQ appendix gives me the willies.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Funny, I was just looking at the Klipt for AIWB use with a 642. How did the Klipt work out for you?
    I'm not Jay 23, but just purchased a Klipt recently for a P238.

It works well for small handguns. To be more precise, the grip kicks out a bit (not wedged in), which isn't a significant concern on a P238, which has a short and narrow grip - it actually strikes a nice balance for allowing to get a good grip on the draw, while not creating issues with printing (specifically due to the size of the P238). I don't have a direct comparison to the 642, but just taking a SWAG based on side-by-side images, my guess is that they'd conceal about the same (the 642 may actually be better).

On a larger (either longer or thicker grip), a holster with a wedge would be required. For my larger firearms, I'm currently scanning the market for alternatives. E.g. Glock 26 *might* work, but would be better suited in an AIWB-specific holster.

Just one person's experience; YMMV.
    Last edited by Shoresy; 05-07-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    It is great. I really like the clip and the retention. It also is fitted for a CT laser grip.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I'm not Jay 23, but just purchased a Klipt recently for a P238.

It works well for small handguns. To be more precise, the grip kicks out a bit (not wedged in), which isn't a significant concern on a P238, which has a short and narrow grip - it actually strikes a nice balance for allowing to get a good grip on the draw, while not creating issues with printing (specifically due to the size of the P238). I don't have a direct comparison to the 642, but just taking a SWAG based on side-by-side images, my guess is that they'd conceal about the same (the 642 may actually be better).

On a larger (either longer or thicker grip), a holster with a wedge would be required. For my larger firearms, I'm currently scanning the market for alternatives. E.g. Glock 26 *might* work, but would be better suited in an AIWB-specific holster.

Just one person's experience; YMMV.
    Totally agree, anything larger than a j-frame or P238 the Klipt would suck. But for small little pistols like those it's perfect.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 05-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.

I've been using my Shaggy now for close to a year, without issue.
    I'ts a secure, strong holster, but to use it as a 'tuck' requires the additional plate, which adds to bulk at the waistband.
    Is there another, very similar to the shaggy, but without the plates and such?
    Also, are there any following this thread that wear leather appendix????

If so, which?

Thanks in advance.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I've been wearing the 5-Shot SME for, I dunno, a few years. Wore the G19-sized Shaggy before that and love it. My Keeper used to see regular rotation because it conceals the G17 slightly better than the SME, but I haven't worn my wife beater and daisy dukes for some time now and the SME does just fine under a normal-fitting t shirt. The SME is my favorite combination of fast, comfortable and concealable.

My JRC AIWB is another leather favorite. It comes out whenever I have to tuck. It's also just a work of art in horse hide.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List