Page 121 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

This is a huge thread so forgive me if I missed it, but what are the thoughts of DAO vs TDA with AIWB?

I've picked up a Sig P250 with the intent of putting the full sized slide on the compact 'grip module' and was considering trying AIWB with it. Fiddling with the gun it seems that I while I obviously can't prevent the hammer from falling by blocking it, I can prevent the hammer from traveling back to where it would fall with my thumb, and doing so prevents the trigger from traveling any further. If this ingrained through training, is this method sufficiently similar to the Gadget to offer a meaningful level of safety?

If your hammer is back why you try to holster your P250 you need to remove your finger from the trigger. Riding the hammer is plenty safe. Try this to ease your mind, with an EMPTY gun, thumb the hammer and then try to pull the trigger with your other hand. Very very easy to hold the hammer from moving under a good bit of pressure from the trigger.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If your hammer is back why you try to holster your P250 you need to remove your finger from the trigger. Riding the hammer is plenty safe. Try this to ease your mind, with an EMPTY gun, thumb the hammer and then try to pull the trigger with your other hand. Very very easy to hold the hammer from moving under a good bit of pressure from the trigger.
    Thank you for the reply. I guess I was inarticulate in my original posting but that was exactly what I was trying, holding the hammer down with the trigger released. I guess now I am off to try and find the unicorn of a tuckable full sized 250/320 AIWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That was one of the things that pushed me towards the PPS for AIWB as I can ride the striker indicator with my thumb when reholstering which keeps the trigger from being able to be accidentally pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It's almost my default suggestion now when talking aiwb belts: try a cheap floppy belt too.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    This worked for me. Increased comfort and concealment for carrying either my G19 or PPS M1. I had been using a Volund Atlas G-hook belt and while it was a great belt it was just too stiff for me. I tried a floppy leather belt I had and was amazed. I used that crappy old leather belt for a while but now I am rocking a Volund SLIM Atlas G-hook belt and I'm loving it.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Speaking of belts. First Tactical just came out with some interesting looking belts. They are priced right.

https://www.firsttactical.com/collections/gear-belts

Anyone try these out yet?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

From handling a ton of belts the webbing looks like it might be similar to the Wilderness in that it's vertically rigid and flexible around the waist.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    As soon as I place my next order with Ring's, I'll be making everything I do for the P320c. Right this instant, nada. I'm far behind the curve on this one, I know!

I'm a patient guy - thanks for the answer.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Speaking of belts. First Tactical just came out with some interesting looking belts. They are priced right.

https://www.firsttactical.com/collections/gear-belts

Anyone try these out yet?
    These look like they could potentially be good.

I'll let those of us who have whole websites dedicated to gear reviews (looking at you, Voodoo) be the guinea pigs, though.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Is there velcro on the first Tactical belt? I didn't see it mentioned on the site.

Looks like no velcro. Just ordered a couple
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 03-22-2016 at 08:45 PM.

User Tag List