Page 116 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Hah just heard that this past week driving to and from work. Will probably test out a few options and see if I can get it to be a bit better for when I'm seated
    Last edited by scw2; 02-12-2016 at 08:36 PM.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I was wondering where you guys position the gun when you're sitting? Is the barrel basically between your junk and right leg, sort of pointing at the ground, if carrying at ~12:30? That seemed fairly safe when I was trying it out, and I think wouldn't be uncomfortable if I added padding and the right wedge, plus would keep the gun averted from the body when standing as well.
    For me it depends on the gun a lot. With a P30 I like close to the center line, just about straight drop. I keep the ride relatively high and wear my pants at actual waist instead of hip level, and I have no bumping while seated. A longer gun I like to wear to that leg crease as you mention.

With a little one like my PPS, I often have it a bit farther to my strong side. The holster I have for it is elongated to almost G19 length to keep it stable and have a high grip that I like.

The best suggestion I can give you if you want a go at it us to buy a holster that can have a lot of adjustment integrated in, so you can tweak it. DSG, Keeper or the CCC Gestalt all seem to fit the bill best from my perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just about got this great holster dialed in. Larger wedge on the back and adjustments to the cant and ride depth have allowed me to put it more at about 1 o'clock and get it non detectable when tucked. I've also found having a G17 spare mag in the pouch more comfortable. This is a G19 in a 17 length holster. I've been wearing this for 12 hours or more a day. Much of the time either sitting at a computer desk, or driving in the car.

More photos attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice. What kind of foam is that wedge made from?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Nice. What kind of foam is that wedge made from?
    It's just a piece cut from one of those pads you find in the gardening section for when your saving your knees or ass while weeding. With my gut shape, I could even go just a little bit thicker to get the slide to tuck back more and still have full range of motion and comfort.

It's the back end of the slide on the glock 19 which for me is the worst at printing. I've wondered about a different pistol, but it is hard to beat the G19 capacity and weight and I shoot it well. With a G17 spare mag in the pouch I'm carrying 33 rounds total.

Irelander;

Sent you a PM.

Here's the Shaggy, with a Glock 17 Gen 4.
    I use the Adjustable belt adapter, with the tuck option.
    I made an insole wedge, as I like to have different options for thickness of the wedge.

Last edited by CSW; 02-29-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm considering adding a g26 to my carry rotation. I currently have a g19 and an xds. I carry appendix and find the xds disappears but the 19 does print a little with tighter clothing.

Will the g26 conceal easier than the 19?

Will it conceal as well as the xds?

I'm running a jm custom kydex and a shaggy and would probably go with a jm for the 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List