Page 110 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Looks like SRT uses .060" kydex which is not the greatest for durability.

The Henry holster does not have adjustable retention. I think is adjustable retention is pretty much standard these days on kydex holsters.

Both holsters have an extra tuck wedge that looks like it would be very uncomfortable.

All that being said try one or both of them out and let us all know what you think. Maybe they are great holsters.
    SRT Concealment uses 0.80" kydex now. He sent me one last week. Wore it for a day and a few minutes here and there. So far I like it a lot. Too soon to make a review but it's a lot better than my last "appendix" holster that was just a zero cant holster with strut and loop

https://i.instagram.com/srtconcealment/
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 11-24-2015 at 03:54 PM.

I just got a Minuteman holster from Knowledge Skills Gear for my G19. Got the G17 length holster. I am liking it very much. Comfy and concealable.

I ordered on the 16th and got my shipping notice on the 17th. Quoted lead time was 3-5 days. Pretty sweet!

Still in the trial phase but I am impressed so far.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I just got a Minuteman holster from Knowledge Skills Gear for my G19. Got the G17 length holster. I am liking it very much. Comfy and concealable.

I ordered on the 16th and got my shipping notice on the 17th. Quoted lead time was 3-5 days. Pretty sweet!

How does the "wing" perform for tucking the handle? Did you get a full or mid height guard?
    Last edited by EMC; 11-24-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    This is based on how assassins in the Philippines concealed their guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPMEVzv0AO4

Obviously if deep concealment is your concern and you would likely be arrested if made, you don't care if you're muzzling your left hand fingers. Probably for normal legal people it might not be worth the tradeoff.
    I am not worried about muzzling my left hand fingers using the Frema / JJ Racaza holster, because I would be carrying a gun from this family of models:

https://youtu.be/VmbIGyr2DP0?t=93
    Last edited by fsilber; 11-26-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    How does the "wing" perform for tucking the handle? Did you get a full or mid height guard?
    I think I like the wing better than the typical wedge under the clip. I get good grip tuck without the bulge in the clip area. I do get some slight printing of the rear of the slide of my G19 since the grip is tucked in so well. I have this problem with most AIWB specific holsters. I am still playing with the wing to see how much tuck I need to balance out the printing of the grip and rear of the slide.

I got the full guard.

I also used the Dr. Schols gel heel pad near the muzzle for some added tuck.

Have any of you long time AIWB carriers ever had an inguinal hernia? I was just diagnosed with a right side inguinal hernia and am wondering if I should stop carrying AIWB for a while. I don't want to but I am guessing that constant pressure on that area may be counter productive to healing. Just wondering if others have dealt with this.

Looks interesting. The wing is intriguing. I *think* it would help tuck the pistol closely to your torso.

Hmm

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Shouldnt the wing be in line with the clip so the belt so the belt pushes against the wing?
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 12-05-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Started carrying the JM AIWB holster that I reviewed with neoprene wedge.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Have any of you long time AIWB carriers ever had an inguinal hernia? I was just diagnosed with a right side inguinal hernia and am wondering if I should stop carrying AIWB for a while. I don't want to but I am guessing that constant pressure on that area may be counter productive to healing. Just wondering if others have dealt with this.
    I had a right side inguinal hernia repair back in November of 97. I find that going on two decades later, I can be fairly sensitive to getting poked with a holster around the repair. It's tolerable, but definitely not comfortable.

I'm guessing that you'll have at least a couple of months while the incision is healing where you won't consider AIWB an option. Depending on your Surgeon, it might be something you want to get his input on.

User Tag List