Page 102 of 221 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

How about a belly band in the appendix position for your G43 instead of a tuckable holster? Much mo' betterer for NPE.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How about a belly band in the appendix position for your G43 instead of a tuckable holster? Much mo' betterer for NPE.
    I would maybe lean this way or a Smart Carry.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I would maybe lean this way or a Smart Carry.
    I agree - I now work in an NPE and decided that with daily familiarity, a Smart Carry was a better way to go than a tuckable, which can still be seen at times. The draw isn't as nice as I used to have with my P30 AIWB with an untucked shirt, but it's manageable. I can carry in a Smart Carry with my Shield anywhere (without metal detectors or airport scanners obviously) and no one is the wiser.

So how are they from a comfort standpoint when sitting? In my very limited experience with aiwb, it poked me the wrong way in a lot of places, but the smartcarry/bellyband route sounds like it might be a better option especially since I will largely be sitting while wearing this.

I have zero issues sitting, moving, etc. with Smart Carry. I found AIWB comfortable, but I always knew it was there. With the Smart Carry I can actually forget I'm carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    So how are they from a comfort standpoint when sitting? In my very limited experience with aiwb, it poked me the wrong way in a lot of places, but the smartcarry/bellyband route sounds like it might be a better option especially since I will largely be sitting while wearing this.
    For something like a PPS, I think a bellyband worn at/about the waist level works great. I can actually see a G43 being a bit better in that role because its edges are more rounded (the rail on the PPS occasionally pokes me in the wrong spots). When I do the bellyband thing, the gun and spare mag are carried at 1:30 and 11:00, just as they would be on my belt. No experience with a Smartcarry.

Fair warning: summertime in the South sometimes sucks with a bellyband (humidity + fabric that doesn't breathe all that great).

Which belly band are you referring to? The Desantis one? Google tells me there are a lot of them.

Temperature is a bit of a factor as my office has no AC, but I can suck it up and drive on within reason.

Back on topic question for the thread. For any of you bigger guys out there, does the right holster/belt make AIWB work for you or is it more body type dependant.

I just tried this with my normal carry belt and my G19 for a week and the results were less then optimal...

http://www.f3holsters.com/f3foiwbaphof.html

VT1032,
    That F3 holster is exactly what orionz36 is talking about. There is nothing about that holster that even remotely makes it an "AIWB" holster. It's just a straight drop with ZERO positive features and several negative features that I could see from the picture.

Anyone can wrap a piece of plastic around a gun. That does not make them a holster maker.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    VT1032,
    That F3 holster is exactly what orionz36 is talking about. There is nothing about that holster that even remotely makes it an "AIWB" holster. It's just a straight drop with ZERO positive features and several negative features that I could see from the picture.

Anyone can wrap a piece of plastic around a gun. That does not make them a holster maker.
    Okay prove it, ship my new holster so I can see how awesome it is......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    VT1032,

Yup, I got that reading through the posts ahead of mine. I looked at the other one posted a few pages back and thought, "huh, that looks just like what I just bought..." and then continued to read and decided I should probably educate myself before I spend any more on holsters. I'll freely admit I don't have a clue about AIWB, I've done the strong side IWB thing since I started carrying. I've been reading through this thread looking for what "right" looks like and unfortunately, at least for me, that one definitely isn't it...

User Tag List