Page 100 of 221 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

So I bought I holster I figured would be suitable to try AIWB carry my P320 Compact with. It's an Inside the Waistband Holster with Hard Loop from Blue Line Concealment.

http://bluelineconcealment.com/insid...ith-hard-loop/

So far, after the first day, it's kind of a PITA. That's likely due to not finding that "sweet spot" just yet. Fiddled with the placement quite a few times, everything from just off the 12 o'clock to about 2. When my belt and pants weren't being pulled down slightly, it seemed tolerable slightly aside my "bedroom piece". Can't say I've had an issue with my pants slipping down like this with my normal holster, an Alien Gear IWB.

One thing I quickly discovered I had to figure out how to manage, was trying to pee in a urinal without the gun and holster nearly flipping out of my pants, leaving me with my barrel aimed at my handsome mug.

I did wind up with some redness on my upper right thigh from where I had the rig situated most of the day. I did try a homemade style wedge on the gun, so I don't have the holster digging in as much or the muzzle aimed at my leg, but didn't seem to quite work as intended, because where the rig ended up riding, there didn't seem to be enough padding to make contact with that crease by the leg to push the muzzle forward.

'm willing to keep playing around with the positioning, at least until I just can't stand it anymore.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So I bought I holster I figured would be suitable to try AIWB carry my P320 Compact with. It's an Inside the Waistband Holster with Hard Loop from Blue Line Concealment.

So far, after the first day, it's kind of a PITA. That's likely due to not finding that "sweet spot" just yet. Fiddled with the placement quite a few times, everything from just off the 12 o'clock to about 2. When my belt and pants weren't being pulled down slightly, it seemed tolerable slightly aside my "bedroom piece". Can't say I've had an issue with my pants slipping down like this with my normal holster, an Alien Gear IWB.

One thing I quickly discovered I had to figure out how to manage, was trying to pee in a urinal without the gun and holster nearly flipping out of my pants, leaving me with my barrel aimed at my handsome mug.

I did wind up with some redness on my upper right thigh from where I had the rig situated most of the day. I did try a homemade style wedge on the gun, so I don't have the holster digging in as much or the muzzle aimed at my leg, but didn't seem to quite work as intended, because where the rig ended up riding, there didn't seem to be enough padding to make contact with that crease by the leg to push the muzzle forward.

'm willing to keep playing around with the positioning, at least until I just can't stand it anymore.
    One of the biggest mistakes one can make when carrying appendix is not using a holster purpose built for AIWB by someone who knows what they are doing when making an appendix holster.

I'd bet a large portion of your struggles with appendix carry would go away with a proper appendix holster.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes one can make when carrying appendix is not using a holster purpose built for AIWB by someone who knows what they are doing when making an appendix holster.

I'd bet a large portion of your struggles with appendix carry would go away with a proper appendix holster.
    Thank you.
    #RESIST

It can be worn either appendix carry (in the front) or small of the back carry.
    ...meaning it's a jack-of-all that you're trying to press-gang into fulfilling a specific role.

Just as a for-example, take a look at the amount of/shape of material forward of the trigger guard on what you bought. Compare to CCC Shaggy, JM Custom AIWB, Raven ACR, Eidolon, and similar.

Note the difference. It's one of several design factors that denotes what is or is not a purpose-built AIWB holster. All that extra material is almost doubtless the source of the rubbing on your leg, and can be mitigated by a pad only so much.

Jack-of-all CAN work! BUT...it's a low-percentage shot.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

You can't unbutton your pants when peeing while carrying appendix. It's too dangerous and you risk your gun falling out. Sucks you had to find out the hard way but to make appendix work you need a true appendix holster. What kind of belt are you using? I, too, made that mistake. I bought a holster almost identical to the one you got and made it work by adding padding. But it didn't conceal the gun property. Then I just bought a shaggy and it's good to go right out of the box. No need to add anything and practically makes a g19 disappear on my skinny body. Instead of ponying up $70 at first I ended up paying $35 then $70. Buy once cry once is something I should have obeyed. The loop location is very poor for appendix style carry on those style holsters.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I don't have any issues unbuttoning for potty breaks when carrying AIWB… I got my technique down and everything, I don't be tickling or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I don't have any issues unbuttoning for potty breaks when carrying AIWB… I got my technique down and everything, I don't be tickling or nothing.
    Same here. Even though I can't carry in NJ, I still practice at my house wearing it for hours at a time. Sometimes all day on a weekend. Bathroom use, cleaning the house, bending, twisting and playing with the dog. My primary holster is a JRC.
    Last edited by BaiHu; 04-29-2015 at 11:23 AM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I got my technique down and everything, I don't be tickling or nothing.
    Masterpiece.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    You can't unbutton your pants when peeing while carrying appendix. It's too dangerous and you risk your gun falling out...
    That depends on the belt and the holster. A belt that resists torsion is good; a floppy belt is bad. A holster with a fixed solid Kydex loop and enough primary retention to preclude your gun from falling out, even if the holster is inverted, is good; anything that allows the holster to rotate outward (independent of the belt), or that fails to retain the gun, is bad. With some belts, you must take care to ensure that the holster does not (of it's own accord) slide off the belt; with a good belt, it won't.

With a good belt and a good holster, you can.

I'm not sure why some are saying his holster isn't good for AIWB.

The INCOG is set up the same way, especially if you remove the outside clip, as are the Philster AIWB offerings, Gun Craft and their Krypto, my K Rounds and others. I feel that his problem is 100% belt. I've been wearing a K Rounds for a while now, even carried a P250 which size-wise is identical to the 320 and never had a problem AND it's marketed as a dedicated AIWB holster as are the others I listed which are designed almost exactly the same way.

...wow, run on sentence much...lol.

User Tag List