Page 201 of 221 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Don't know anything about the item but Mastermind Tactics now has wedges again...

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/sh...holster-wedges
    His wedges are excellent. I've been using them pretty much exclusively for the past few years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Don't know anything about the item but Mastermind Tactics now has wedges again...

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/sh...holster-wedges
    As Blues said, his wedges are really good!
    Been using them for years!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Anybody with a winged holster had one develop a crack? Just noticed this on mine today. Looks like the pressure of the wing claw against the holster body caused a stress crack. Doesn't seem to have had any effect on overall functionality so I'm not fretting over it.

Name:  IMG-1290.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  31.0 KB
    Name:  IMG-1293.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  53.0 KB
    Name:  IMG-1294.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  51.4 KB
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Depending on placement, for example with my DSG Orion, if I place the holster at around 1.30 and am using a wedge, I'll notice the holster binding a bit on the draw. If I remove the wedge, it's gone completely and pulls smooth as silk. Actually, experimenting that way demonstrated that I don't even really need a wedge with the Orion at the 1.30 position. It's comfortable and well tucked.

Sometimes our assumptions get in the way of reality.

So, I'd take off the wedge before changing screw tension and see if you notice any difference with the "feel" of the holster. There are forces at work which we oftentimes won't take notice of.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Anybody with a winged holster had one develop a crack? Just noticed this on mine today. Looks like the pressure of the wing claw against the holster body caused a stress crack. Doesn't seem to have had any effect on overall functionality so I'm not fretting over it.

Yup. Depending on a range of factors this will happen. This failure is the least of an issue as far as failures go for AIWB features, as they will all fail (belt wedge, wing, and so on). Any time you are using the belt to apply force to a lever or feature that fights the body you're gonna have a failure at some point.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I noticed a similar crack on one of my holsters (same color too) as I was planning on bolting it to my Enigma. Who knows how long it had been that way without me even noticing.

Site Supporter
    You could drill a very small hole at the end of the crack and use a bit of filament packing tape to slow that process way down.

Having said that, I have been using Kydex IWBs (1911s and Glock) since the turn of the last century when Blade Tech still put the Ichthus "fish" stamp on his stuff.

It (kydex) all cracks eventually IMHO and experience. Simply the cost of doing business.

I now buy kydex 2 at a time ( Shaggys) or have one to pivot to (Keeper Beta and 1st run production) when it eventually happens.

YMMV greatly.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Damn you, I didn't have one till you made me go look! Wierd......no idea how long it's been there.

Have worn the holster 5 days a week for 3 years now, I think. Mine's not as pronounced as what you posted, doesn't seem to go all the way through the material...but it's there.

I did notice on your modeling, you're using the taller of the "blocks", the protrusion that impinges on the belt. I use the shorter one.

Interesting development. Something to keep an eye on, I guess. I still love the holster and it still works great.

Thank you for posting this.

Keep in mind that most makers have some kinda warranty... When you're paying for a holster, you're paying for CS, warranty, etc, and keeping them around for years to come so they can handle it when you need it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Indeed.

I wonder if some kind of metal reinforcement in that area would be beneficial?

User Tag List