Page 188 of 221 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I just returned home from a week-long trip to Idaho with Mrs. Clusterfrack. We did a lot of backcountry day hiking and had a wonderful time. These were my first long hikes with my CZ P-07, and I had not had a chance to test my OWB holster. It is a Safariland GLS Pro-fit, and it didn't work very well. One issue was the outward cant of the grip, which interferes with backpack straps.

So, long story short, I ended up hiking very rugged terrain carrying my gun in a JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 with my homemade "junk carry pillow". It was amazingly comfortable.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Clusterfrack, that's awesome! Glad to hear it works well for you!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Clusterfrack, that's awesome! Glad to hear it works well for you!!
    Yeah, I don't necessarily recommend using AIWB as a preferred method of backcountry carry, but I was surprised how well it did work. And Lady CF apparently thinks junk carry is sexy .

I just ordered a JMCK OWB #2 for the P-07
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just ordered a JMCK OWB #2 for the P-07
    You will love it, I'd bet.

Mine for the VP9 carried and concealed so close to IWB it was ridiculous...
    "A man's character is his fate."

Indeed, the 6 actual and I did some hiking on Mt. Rainier the other day, and as always, one of the great advantages of AIWB is that it's great for rucking.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Indeed, the 6 actual and I did some hiking on Mt. Rainier the other day, and as always, one of the great advantages of AIWB is that it's great for rucking.
    Especially with osprey packs. If I'm not carrying with a mid drop safariland also it's aiwb. Depending on the gun the sweat can be a bit much.

Just got my 5th JM custom aiwb holster.

This time for a 4" Smith. There had to be some changes but it is great so far. I normally prefer the extra tuck due to the ease of donning and doffing but that's not possible with the revolver so jm used a neoprene wedge.

Sitting on the couch feeding my 12 day old son and I really don't even know it's there. My normal edc was a 5" 1911 a d this is noticably more comfortable.

I'm not sure the grip is tucked in as much but I'll see if it's an issue.

After extensive tinkering with my JMCK WC2.5 for my P30 I’ve finally achieved a set-up for all day comfort.

Changed the loops for high ride and the 1.25” belt setting (though I use a 1.5”), cross loops for secure hold to belt. Moved foam wedge down on the holster for overhang and now I don’t feel the holster jabbing my pelvic crease anymore. I can’t tell you how close I was to just going regular IWB with this gun.

Thank you again for an excellent product Tony!
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I just ordered a JM Universal for my P2000sk. I was mulling over some different options for AIWB carry, but I am having hernia surgery in 2 weeks so AIWB carry will be a NOGO for a while. I figured having a minimalist holster that will do traditional IWB and AIWB will give me some options while I heal up.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    After extensive tinkering with my JMCK WC2.5 for my P30 I’ve finally achieved a set-up for all day comfort.

Changed the loops for high ride and the 1.25” belt setting (though I use a 1.5”), cross loops for secure hold to belt. Moved foam wedge down on the holster for overhang and now I don’t feel the holster jabbing my pelvic crease anymore. I can’t tell you how close I was to just going regular IWB with this gun.

Thank you again for an excellent product Tony!
    Thanks for the business!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List