Page 135 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    What holster are you guys running for a g26? I've had good luck with a jm for a g19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vanguard 2

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been using a Zorn skinny rig for the 26 for about two years.
    It's OK, but if it was 19, or even 17 length it would 'sit' better.
    It doesn't want to roll out, but is not as comfortable as my Zorn holster for the 17.

Last edited by CSW; 06-25-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Vanguard 2

Have you done a review on that? I want to like it but it makes me nervous. That said I've never got my hands on one to see the retention.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Have you done a review on that? I want to like it but it makes me nervous. That said I've never got my hands on one to see the retention.

The VG2's are solid. If you own a Glock I think you should have one. They're great even just as trigger covers.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Yep on my site under gear reviews.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The VG2's are solid. If you own a Glock I think you should have one. They're great even just as trigger covers.
    That's how i use them. I won't let a loaded Glock sit around with the trigger uncovered. If it comes out of the holster to go in a vault, nightstand gun, etc., a VG2 goes on the trigger guard. I have a bunch scattered around solely for this purpose.
    Last edited by cosine; 06-26-2016 at 08:38 AM.

I really only carry my 26 when I need a discreet carry. That might be the ticket and for $35, that's hard to beat.

After looking at their website I started looking into the eidolon. I'm gonna have to go back through this thread to see how it's viewed.

After looking at their website I started looking into the eidolon. I'm gonna have to go back through this thread to see how it's viewed.

I can't see a real reason not to get one. It's a rather safe option for aiwb. I do feel that once someone has an idea of what they want there might be a better choice but you'll not be disappointed with the Eidolon.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    So I tried for months to get AIWB to work for me. Different holsters, wedges, Dr. Scholl's, tweaking position, angle, etc. Nothing worked. Always got a pressure point on the groin I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes. Finally got it to work really well... by including a spare mag weak side appendix. That was the tweak that worked for me. Without the spare mag weak side AIWB it didn't work. With the spare mag weak side AIWB it works really, really well. I can bend, twist, kneel, bring my knees to my chest, full range of normal motion. Maybe it's self-evident to most, but it was a real revelation to me and could have saved me a lot of experimenting with various holsters.

I find it funny that the solution for me was a spare mag because I had done all my previous AIWB trials with Glock 17 length holsters, and was just about to start experimenting with Glock 19 length holsters in the hope that the shorter length would relieve the pressure point. On a whim I decided to try adding a weak side AIWB magazine since mag carriers are cheaper, and it was an instant success.
    Last edited by cosine; 06-26-2016 at 08:41 PM.

User Tag List